Author Topic: ITM's Move Into Logansport  (Read 21976 times)

Trainman19

• Superintendent
Re: ITM's Move Into Logansport
« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2019, 03:31:33 PM »
Since it's privately owned, I would imagine the owner is trying to get the funds together.

pabrankle

• Fireman
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2019, 02:53:10 PM »
It will be interesting to see how or if ITM will pull this off since they are already being sued by and are in bad standing with heavy-haul movers in central Indiana. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 03:11:17 PM by pabrankle »

locobrakman

• Brakeman
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2019, 03:23:45 PM »
For those without the time to read all the court pleadings, in a nutshell:

- ITM states via pleadings and Chairman Les McConnell's affidavit (offered under penalties of perjury) that no one at ITM knows who owns the "train cars" stored at the siding at 249th street, and the they have no knowledge of how the cars arrived at the site, or who put them there. (Interesting, since it was ITM that put them there years back, moving them from the Davin Wye.)

- ITM apparently can't get Josh Spencer to appear for a deposition, as he failed to appear based on a subpoena. Subsequently, ITM's new attorney filed and obtained a court order compelling Spencer to appear for a deposition. (Wasn't Spencer on the ITM Board of Directors at one point?)

- The court has given ITM until September 7, 2019 to remove the cars from the 249th Street siding.

crblue

• Dispatcher
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2019, 07:31:57 AM »
And the attorneys keep getting richer.

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2019, 11:06:30 PM »
I really think the set up in Logansport will be a whole new group with a new name.  Some distance away from the whole mess of ITM sorely needs to be done.   Its time to run, not walk away and reboot anew if possible.  Hopefully Ken will have DS50 repaired soon, then start your crowdfunding/grant applications to pay for, and rebuilt the L&ER track.  Be nice to just adopt that railroads name.  Atleast once that track is rebuilt, short caboose/rider flat trains can be run using the DS50.   Start small, grow slowly.      I am watching to see what happens over the next few months.  Something has to give/break soon publicly. 

nhensley

• Conductor
« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2019, 09:15:56 AM »
For those without the time to read all the court pleadings, in a nutshell:

- ITM states via pleadings and Chairman Les McConnell's affidavit (offered under penalties of perjury) that no one at ITM knows who owns the "train cars" stored at the siding at 249th street, and the they have no knowledge of how the cars arrived at the site, or who put them there. (Interesting, since it was ITM that put them there years back, moving them from the Davin Wye.)

I remember helping to get that siding ready for the cars to be parked there.  We put in metal rods (can't remember the specific terminology) on the siding, as the ties were in a pretty degraded condition. 

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2019, 04:54:41 PM »
Those are tie bars, help keep the rails in gauge due to the horrible tie condition.  Gonna need lots of water(ie money) to put out this dumpster fire for good.   The rental train set is still sitting in Kokomo, but moved closer to Ohio street than it was a couple months ago.  Bet the local hooligans are having fun using it for target practice. 

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2019, 06:55:28 PM »
So what is going on with the Monon Caboose and is it still up at Atlanta Indiana? I know that it was Moved from the Park in Noblesville and is there Plans to use it at Logansport on that Line? It would look good with the DS50 up there.

Trainman19

• Superintendent
« Reply #268 on: August 12, 2019, 07:08:55 PM »
So what is going on with the Monon Caboose and is it still up at Atlanta Indiana? I know that it was Moved from the Park in Noblesville and is there Plans to use it at Logansport on that Line? It would look good with the DS50 up there.

I think that caboose is privately owned by someone who may or may not be with ITM, anymore. I can't say for sure, though.

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #269 on: August 12, 2019, 08:53:43 PM »
I believe it is still owned by the Monon Technical & Historical Society and is currently outside the fence in Forest Park.

BourdonBoy

• President
  • A conductor of both kinds.
« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2019, 10:46:32 AM »

I rode the Nickel Plate Express this past Saturday and was pleasantly surprised that we went all the way south from Atlanta to Noblesville. I saw that the Monon Caboose is in Forest Park, just south of the former museum property.  Here's my grab-shot of it.

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2019, 12:12:30 PM »
Is the stone on the ground here part of a boarding area for NPE?

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #272 on: August 13, 2019, 12:22:29 PM »
So when did they move it back down to Forest Park?

BourdonBoy

• President
  • A conductor of both kinds.
« Reply #273 on: August 13, 2019, 06:36:12 PM »
Is the stone on the ground here part of a boarding area for NPE?

Yes.  They boarded their July 4th and 5th trains at that location, I was there then too.

I don't know about it having been moved "back down" to Forest Park, but it has apparently been there since before July 4, 2019.  Prior to that it had been in Atlanta ever since Nickel Plate Express began operations last September.  There are/were various photos online of it there, some showing it decorated for Christmas.

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2019, 08:28:36 PM »

Sometime between 6/5 and 7/4.

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2019, 08:29:25 PM »
They also took the "NKP" F-Unit with them when they were down.

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2019, 08:57:37 PM »
That would be 83A.  Definatlly will look better than that 45 ton on the other end of the consist. 

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #277 on: August 14, 2019, 01:54:18 PM »
I would imagine that NPE would end up with 83A and both Geeps (NKP & Old Blackie). Two consists that could run separate trips (Noblesville-Cicero/Cicero-Atlanta).

Trainman19

• Superintendent
« Reply #278 on: August 14, 2019, 03:15:33 PM »
I would imagine that NPE would end up with 83A and both Geeps (NKP & Old Blackie). Two consists that could run separate trips (Noblesville-Cicero/Cicero-Atlanta).

I wouldn't bet on 200 going to NPE, just yet.

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #279 on: August 14, 2019, 06:30:48 PM »
I agree, its listed as well as the remaining non running F units over that website for rail equipment for sale.  I think they would have sold at the auction had there been rail access to get them out, vs high doller trucking out.