Author Topic: EVWR in Alliance Coal Loop  (Read 343 times)

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
EVWR in Alliance Coal Loop
« on: June 13, 2018, 07:01:31 AM »
Evansville & Western trains have been loading at Princeton almost daily lately.  I think these train run to Mt Vernon, IN to the barge transload facility at the Southwind Maritime Center.  EVW has also been running with DPU's on these trains.  The power in this photo will run DPU to Mt Vernon. It does save a lot of time & trouble with power flipping.  You can see the rear end of a CSX coal train parked on the outer loop.  I wanted to hang around and get the head end EVW power coming up next to the CSX power but storm warnings made me bail out on that idea. 
I was finally able to get a shot of EVW in Alliance.  Took this one right before the sun set into the black storm cloud that was bearing down on us.

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
EVWR in Alliance Coal Loop
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 11:21:00 AM »
Evansville & Western trains have been loading at Princeton almost daily lately.  I think these train run to Mt Vernon, IN to the barge transload facility at the Southwind Maritime Center.  EVW has also been running with DPU's on these trains.  The power in this photo will run DPU to Mt Vernon. It does save a lot of time & trouble with power flipping.  You can see the rear end of a CSX coal train parked on the outer loop.  I wanted to hang around and get the head end EVW power coming up next to the CSX power but storm warnings made me bail out on that idea. 
I was finally able to get a shot of EVW in Alliance.  Took this one right before the sun set into the black storm cloud that was bearing down on us.
As Iím not familiar with their power, just from that photo I see why they are using dpu.  I imagine they donít load more than 100 cars tops and with one 70ac and a mother slug unit with a 40-2 for power thatís not going to pull very easy especially if there is any type of grades down there which I imagine there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk