Author Topic: ITM Scraping Equipment  (Read 8912 times)

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
Re: ITM Scraping Equipment
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2018, 10:59:15 AM »
While it is sad to see some of this go, I am sure the funds are being used for the emergency moves of the rest of the equipment.  Lets hope the reboot in their new home has better collection management than in previous years.

Do they even have a new home?  I know they’re moving everything to Logansport, but did they purchase property?

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2018, 11:28:40 AM »
Nothing firm, but supposedly the former Logansport and Eel river shortline has been tagged to be the shop property for the new ITM. Overflow storage will be the former PRR yard in Logansport.

Kokomo grain is being hugely supportive. There is a better then even chance you will see the 1754 and 1755 reunited. Hence why you see the F units being shopped around for sale. 3 geeps and the Baldwin switcher will be plenty
If in doubt, Notch it out!

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2018, 11:34:47 AM »
Where is Skeeter going to take the DS50?   We need some one in Logan to keep an eye on the 18th street yards to see if anything is up there yet. 

crblue

• Dispatcher
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2018, 11:53:48 AM »
Overflow storage will be the former PRR yard in Logansport.
According to property tax records, the part of the former PRR Yard A adjacent to 18th Street is owned by the A&R Line c/o Genessee & Wyoming while the bulk of the yard is owned by Winamac Southern c/o Kokomo Grain.

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2018, 12:49:22 PM »
According to property tax records, the part of the former PRR Yard A adjacent to 18th Street is owned by the A&R Line c/o Genessee & Wyoming while the bulk of the yard is owned by Winamac Southern c/o Kokomo Grain.

Yes, the plan was to take all the Noblesville forest park rail and use it to expand the L&ER and WSRY areas. But the move up in plans may throw a wrench into this.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2018, 01:03:27 PM »
So they still don’t own any property, and are simply renting/squatting on someone else’s property?  Better hope that relationship doesn’t sour too.

You think they’d be looking to own their own property, and therefore, destiny.

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2018, 01:25:49 PM »
Probably cannot afford to purchase property right now, not with the emergency bail out from Noblesville. . With it being between grain seasons, I can see some stuff being stored back in the Kokomo grain storage sidings where 1754 sits.  Some property up on the north end of Kokomo would be nice, get it out into the country just a bit were its not convienent for the hoodlums to walk up there to vandilize stuff.  They need to look to IRM for an example of where they want to be someday as a museum, just on a smaller scale.   

Hemigray 42

• Engineer
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2018, 01:41:20 PM »
I wonder how quick rail can be ripped up on last day so if anything remains it will be a thorn for Nobleville to deal with . I would rip it just to the yellow lock and say bye bye. Either that or one last move north as the hirail truck proved a caboose can roll on that rail. Is there still any spurs open or have room to tuck away stock?

Sent from my LGL163BL using Tapatalk

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2018, 02:02:15 PM »
I think the idea was not to buy just the land, but the complete Logansport & Eel River Short Line Co Inc property. This would give them an owned shop property, with some space for a small yard.

No way the WSRY (Kokomo grain) will sell the mains. No way no how.
But the Eel river property gives them a base to operate out on the spokes out of Logansport. G&W, WSRY, and Access to NS via live rail.
Looking at GIS, something is going on recently. Parcels are being combined. Also, the city of Logansport owns a HUGE parcel adjacent to the L&ER line. it is empty.

https://cassin.elevatemaps.io/prc.html?pin=09-17-56-143-010.000-010&appId=56a21a6d12c7416c1ce9e363

Something is going on up here. Definately some real estate lawyers at work as updates have been made on all the L&ER parcels.

Wema

• Dispatcher
  • A Rail History Nut
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2018, 02:52:22 PM »
For those newer to Indiana, who/what is Logansport & Eel River Short Line?

First time I ever heard of a short line by that name.

Thanks and forgive my stupid question.  :)

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2018, 04:45:24 PM »
It may not be the Eel River shortline. That was just the rumor I heard.

But I guess ITM has a new Ten Acre property picked out and stuff is already arriving there.

This thread has a lot more information then the one here.
http://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42162

And good info here.
http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2018/07/05-emergency-rescue-underway-at-indiana-transportation-museum

crblue

• Dispatcher
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2018, 09:33:04 PM »
Also, the city of Logansport owns a HUGE parcel adjacent to the L&ER line. it is empty.
The property at 1 General Street along the L&ER is the former location of a General Tire plant. Pretty sure they did not make tires there, but other rubber products. It closed several years ago and has been sitting vacant since. Some maps may show that land as individual lots and it may have been individual lots in the property tax records until recently, but it's been one big industrial property for as long as I can remember.

The property north of the L&ER across from the General Tire property is a former Exide Battery plant. I assume the soil is so full of lead that it can't be sold without remediation.

When I was born, my family lived on Miami Street a couple of blocks south of the General Tire property. We moved away in 1958, but moved back in 1972. I hired out on Conrail at Yard A in 1976.

South end Tom

• Dispatcher
  • USN track inspector, Ret.
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2018, 10:21:06 PM »
Picked a screen shot off Facebook of the 587's boiler arriving in Ravenna. Running gear following. Cab and a huge pipe on the first trailer. Tender was being loaded.

South end Tom

• Dispatcher
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2018, 10:47:47 PM »
Additional photos and videos here from ITM: http://NoblesvilleNeighbors.com/

wabash2800

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2018, 11:21:32 PM »
There's more than rolling stock down there. Here is the Rockfield, Indiana Wabash RR Cantilever that was lying in the weeds at ITM in three pieces (beam, gantry and signal mast with signal heads). I assume it will be scrapped. Fortunately, I photographed and measured that unique Wabash design some years ago. To the best of my knowledge, this is the only one left. A member told me that an FRA Inspector told them it could not be installed trackside unless it would be made functional. I found that hard to believe.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhiepublications.com

Wema

• Dispatcher
  • A Rail History Nut
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2018, 02:16:50 AM »
Additional photos and videos here from ITM: http://NoblesvilleNeighbors.com/

Think your link is dead as I get a domain for sale error with that link.

South end Tom

• Dispatcher
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2018, 01:01:36 PM »
Okay, it would not work for me either this morning. Noblesville Neighbors is a Facebook Page and the photos are on it. Here are some screen shots.

wabash2800

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2018, 10:17:25 PM »
A friend just notified me that the Hobbs Depot (NKP) is going to Kokomo to be stationed on a trail.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.