Author Topic: ITM Scraping Equipment  (Read 8382 times)

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
Re: ITM Scraping Equipment
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 09:01:12 AM »
My hopes will go up for this group when I see big cranes and a low boy semi truck to start moving the locomotives and coaches to a new home.  Till then I am concerned that some really nice equipment might get scrapped, and that would be the ultimate loss to the railroad preservation community.  As once its gone, its truely gone.  Rail/trail corridors can, in theory, be relaid with rail in the future.  But you cannot replace the NKP 426.  Yes you could make an imposter like ITM did with the F units and painting them in Monon since no Monon F3's survive.  I am hoping we can start seeing positive reports of equipment getting moved to where ever the new home will be or even to temporary storage away from the park.  Mike the Aspie

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2018, 10:48:10 AM »
Heard this from someone involved. No idea how true. Noblesville and Hamilton County will NOT issues oversize/overweigh permits for anything coming out by road.  Nor will INDOT issue permission for SR 19 or any othet State/Federal route without extensive bonds. 

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2018, 11:04:32 AM »
Sounds like someone in high places wants to see everything go to scrap.  This is when and where someone needs to get the media involved on a major level, all networks and air the laundry out before its to late to save anything.  Any good reputable heavy haul trucking company isnt gonna haul that kind of weight without proper bonding and permits.  Sounds like this political coruption runs to the highest levels of Indiana goverment if that is true.  One would think if you want this group gone, you would stop blocking them from leaving the area.   There is so much more to this whole mess than the public knows.  Time to air it out!

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2018, 01:30:53 PM »
Sounds like someone in high places wants to see everything go to scrap.  This is when and where someone needs to get the media involved on a major level, all networks and air the laundry out before its to late to save anything.  Any good reputable heavy haul trucking company isnt gonna haul that kind of weight without proper bonding and permits.  Sounds like this political coruption runs to the highest levels of Indiana goverment if that is true.  One would think if you want this group gone, you would stop blocking them from leaving the area.   There is so much more to this whole mess than the public knows.  Time to air it out!

Given the reputation of ďfly by nightĒ the group has of late (earned or not) it sounds like the local and state government want to make sure ITM can cover any damage that may occur moving equipment out.  Probably not some grand conspiracy, but making sure infrastructure isnít damaged and ITM canít cover the repairs.

csxdispatcher

• Dispatcher
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2018, 02:20:10 PM »
Sad to see those 4000s fall into such disrepair.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:23:57 PM by csxdispatcher »

IN1312

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2018, 02:49:18 PM »

More likely they are trying to force them to sell usable equipment to the new operators on the north end of the line at a bargain. My guess is long time bitterness is coming through, and they are trying to stick it to them as hard as they can. Basically a case of it's not enough just to make them go away, they have to bend over and take it before they can go too.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post in my original response...

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2018, 03:09:43 PM »
If theyíre trying to run a luxury dinner train experience seems rather presumptuous to think anything the ITM has would even be wanted by the new operator...

xgap

• President
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2018, 11:08:17 PM »
A couple outfits down this way claim to be able to move anything anywhere any time(in day light that is) which includes all permits, bonding, and associated  problems. Still seems any equipment that is NS road worthy could be moved out as the dinner train is moved in at Tipton. If all parties would work for the betterment of all, LOL.

JAGGERS

• Brakeman
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2018, 07:53:04 AM »
Hasnít the connection to NS at Tipton been severed and would have to be rebuilt?

SankyInbound

• Chief Dispatcher
  • Railroading: It's a way of life, more than a job.
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2018, 08:57:32 AM »
Yea and good luck with that, looks like the crossing is paved over at SR-28 and from Washington north the aerial views don't show much in the way of good track structure.  Then lets say they rebuild north from SR-28 to the NS main, the layout of the connection would require a diamond to cross the NS, then a switch on the east wye.  That would take some serious capital to rebuild that connection.  I don't think there is enough railroad property on the south east quad to build a suitable connection track, the curve would be to sharp.
"Don't find a fault, find a remedy."

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2018, 09:06:11 AM »
State road 28 isnt the problem, its the complete removal of the track just a couple blocks north of that, along with the crossing there by the depot where the diamonds once were.  they do make tempoary track panels that take the wheels up and over the one rail and drop down onto the rails such as the NS main line.  I do not see that happening.  I see it all having to go by truck, either to the NS yard or all the way to Logansport or where ever they go.  Lets just pray its on lowboys and not in scrap dumpster trucks.

xgap

• President
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2018, 10:22:45 AM »
I thought the potential process for moving inbound equipment was discussed.
http://indianarailroads.org/board/index.php?action=post;quote=184099;topic=20411.0;last_msg=184844

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2018, 02:42:25 PM »
NKP #1 is sitting outside the fence as of yesterday - did it find a buyer?

CIND 2254

• Global Moderator
  • President
  • Modeling high Hood GP30s on the CERA ca. 1996-1998
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2018, 08:15:23 PM »
Heard this from someone involved. No idea how true. Noblesville and Hamilton County will NOT issues oversize/overweigh permits for anything coming out by road.  Nor will INDOT issue permission for SR 19 or any othet State/Federal route without extensive bonds.

Thats why you go to another county.  ;) How bad is the track north of Sharpsville?
Modeling High Hood GP30s on the CERA based in Kokomo circa. 1996-1998.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2018, 08:39:42 PM »
Thats why you go to another county.  ;) How bad is the track north of Sharpsville?

Donít forget, ITM isnít allowed on the HHPA track.

Pays dividends to not burn all your bridges...

Don_Worsham

• Brakeman
  • I'm a Hoosier railfan!
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2018, 12:21:51 AM »

NKP 1 is not owned by ITM.

BourdonBoy

• Superintendent
  • A conductor of both kinds.
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2018, 08:03:50 AM »

Yes, but it had been listed for sale by its owners for a while. One of them told me that it has been leased and that it will stay relatively local for the time being.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2018, 01:44:31 PM »

I was aware it was owned by a private individual - just was curious to know if it had found a buyer and was going to be shipped out since it was outside the fence.

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2018, 05:37:20 PM »
The IMC north of sharpsville is a mess, couple of washouts, crossing at Southway BVLD totaly removed including rails, most other crossings are paved over.  Plus its all totaly grown over, cannot even hike it anymore.

k9fon

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2018, 07:05:48 PM »
The IMC north of sharpsville is a mess, couple of washouts, crossing at Southway BVLD totaly removed including rails, most other crossings are paved over.  Plus its all totaly grown over, cannot even hike it anymore.

It looks horrible... Needs a bush hog and a shot of round up.