Author Topic: Last Day for DX  (Read 721 times)

Night Watchman

• Conductor
  • Defenders of the Homeland
Last Day for DX
« on: March 19, 2018, 08:14:26 PM »
As I was driving by CP DX yesterday, I noticed a clear signal for both east bound tracks. The south track then dropped to red as an east bound rack train was pulling up. The rack train was passed by a faster manifest. After a couple minutes of sitting, the rack track slowly started off on its way. Was glad to catch one more train(s) before the switchover...

NS7112

• Dispatcher
Re: Last Day for DX
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 09:31:44 PM »
Why did it drop to red if he had a high green?  Thats interesting that it dropped to red after the dispatcher already lined him a green...

Wes Lewis

• Dispatcher
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 11:03:10 PM »
I hope that the dispatcher came on the radio and asked them if they could get stopped at DX.  Surely, the dispatcher did.

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 11:15:36 PM »
I hope that the dispatcher came on the radio and asked them if they could get stopped at DX.  Surely, the dispatcher did.
I hope so too.  Talk about a pucker factor going from clear to stop without knowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Night Watchman

• Conductor
  • Defenders of the Homeland
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 10:31:47 AM »

More then likely he did ((didn't have the scanner on))...he was moving slow out of downtown and about 100-200 yards west of DX, the signal dropped...

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 03:29:20 PM »
Won't it still be considered DX with the New Signals?

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 03:59:10 PM »
Won't it still be considered DX with the New Signals?

Maybe by nostalgic crews, but they’re supposed to call the signals by the milepost designation on intermediates