Author Topic: MONON ABANDONMENT  (Read 34783 times)

sfunk6363

• Fireman
Re: MONON ABANDONMENT
« Reply #360 on: February 03, 2019, 06:58:37 AM »
I was told by a co-worker his father said downtown Bedford rails have been ripped up over the past month and not just paved over. I was there a couple months ago and had appeared to be getting ready to do something there. I haven't been there to confirm.

I was told by a co-worker his father said downtown Bedford rails have been ripped up over the past month and not just paved over. I was there a couple months ago and had appeared to be getting ready to do something there. I haven't been there to confirm.

All rails still in place south of depot

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

CSX10020

• Dispatcher

monon_man

• Fireman
« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2019, 08:59:25 AM »
Just got word yesterday distillery @ Pillsbury will be getting service by the end of the year

xgap

• President
« Reply #363 on: June 16, 2019, 10:41:25 PM »
Since their announcement explained this to be a packaging facility, any idea for what rail would be used. In the past some others have railed Canadian products down to be processed though.

monon_man

• Fireman
« Reply #364 on: June 19, 2019, 11:45:39 AM »
I'm not sure but considering we are doing some upgrade work to the IC branch I believe we service them elsewhere as well I know they only have a few lines up & going & have room for several more but we also are doing upgrades to the Nabb branch as well alotted 5k ties for it they keep talking about Amazon business but I'm not sure they got back the ups business they lost yet

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #365 on: June 19, 2019, 04:20:23 PM »
Didn't know Nabb was on the MONON. Thought that was over by Lexington Indiana.

monon_man

• Fireman
« Reply #366 on: June 19, 2019, 04:57:37 PM »
It's Hoosier/ Monon seniority district back from when the old  B&O days when they had a wye that connected new Albany to Clarksville if you look at the hole under 65 next to lirc that's the right away to it that runs behind home Depot it became Monon seniority when they tore it out north of south of Charlestown

monon_man

• Fireman
« Reply #367 on: June 19, 2019, 04:59:21 PM »
It still uses the B prefix there though