Author Topic: Departed relative from Logansport Indiana Worked either N.Y.C. or Penn.30-60s  (Read 1280 times)

Halebobb

• Brakeman
          Hello All,
       I was wondering if anyone in this group might have any info. on A great uncle of mine that lived in Logansport from the mid 1920`s-1970`s until his passing .He worked in the Logansport yard/ round house for many years /did many jobs from yardmen to car knocker eventually locomotive engineer .Was married to Theresa  had no children I had very little info on them being very young when they passed on. I was told that some of his R.R. possessions had been donated to a local Rail Historical society Watch engineers certificates employment certifications etc.Anyone with any info. or where I could find more definitive info on his working career or maybe a relative that worked there in that same time period, please contact me! It would be most appreciated.
                                                     Thank you ,and I hope to hear from some one,
                                                                            Halebobb

CIC-CEI-CAS

• Chief Dispatcher
What was his name?

Halebobb

• Brakeman
   Etorio Antolini sorry i thought I had put it in ,in my haste must have deleted it by accident How stupid do I feel ! He went by the name of Tony .Thanks for responding and correcting my error

Pencilpusher

• Brakeman
railroad retirement might be able to give you some information, try looking on the web for the nearest location
good luck

Halebobb

• Brakeman
Thanks ,Good Idea ! Will Do

Night Watchman

• Conductor
  • Defenders of the Homeland
          Hello All,
       I was wondering if anyone in this group might have any info. on A great uncle of mine that lived in Logansport from the mid 1920`s-1970`s until his passing .He worked in the Logansport yard/ round house for many years /did many jobs from yardmen to car knocker eventually locomotive engineer .Was married to Theresa  had no children I had very little info on them being very young when they passed on. I was told that some of his R.R. possessions had been donated to a local Rail Historical society Watch engineers certificates employment certifications etc.Anyone with any info. or where I could find more definitive info on his working career or maybe a relative that worked there in that same time period, please contact me! It would be most appreciated.
                                                     Thank you ,and I hope to hear from some one,
                                                                            Halebobb

Worked for the Pennsylvania from June 1909 to retiring in Jan 5, 1958...left for World War I aboard the SS Lapland on Oct 26, 1918 and was assigned to D company 118th engineers...returned aboard the USS Montpelier on Aug 28, 1919...residence at 1841 Erie Av Logansport, In during 1928 before moving to 1116 20th St Logansport, In...could not locate much on his railroad service or any family members who worked around there

Halebobb

• Brakeman
Awesome !!!! You guys ARE THE BEST!! Living in Mass. I had little contact with my great aunt and uncle ,only remember him giving me a cab ride on his lap when I was around 6 or 7 years old. I have to tell you seeing these pictures for the first time in 50 years has brought tears to my eyes ! Thank you so much !!!                                                                                                                                                       
                                                              Bob B. Ashland Ma.

Night Watchman

• Conductor
I didn't add this photo because the copy from the newspaper wasn't the best...seeing your response, I'll go ahead and add it...

IndyHog

• President
Night Watchman, you've done a good thing. You have some great genealogy skills.
Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......wait a minute, He's much worse

Night Watchman

• Conductor
Night Watchman, you've done a good thing. You have some great genealogy skills.
Thank you sir but its all from Newspapers.com and Ancestry.com...I guess I should throw this out there: if anyone has relatives or historical events they need looked up, let me know...I'll try to find anything I can about them/it...

Halebobb

• Brakeman
 Thank you  It was still something that you went out of your way to do and that deserves credit  I`m not the most computer savvy guy so Once again a huge thanks !!

VGR

• Dispatcher
According to Ancestry.com he was born in Borghi, Italy in 1890. He arrived in New York in 1909 (the newspaper article was wrong. I was wondering how he came to the US in 1919 and was a WWI vet). He sailed from Genoa, Italy on the ship Buca di Genova.

Quite a remarkable guy and the town he comes from is beautiful but back then employment was probably not like now..or maybe it is! lol

Halebobb

• Brakeman
His younger  Sister (my grand mother) was named Ginina and I was told it had something to do with the town or region of Italy she came from ,now this makes sense . Learning something new every day !