Author Topic: New Chevy Impala  (Read 1200 times)

Drovus

• Engineer
New Chevy Impala
« on: March 18, 2017, 10:27:50 PM »
Wondering if anyone drives a new Impala?  My wife and I are looking for a new car, and we were thinking about the Impala or Malibu, or something around that size.  My '98 Grand Prix finally has gotten to the point of not worth fixing.  We have a 9 month old son, as well.  Any like or dislikes about the Impala would be helpful.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
Re: New Chevy Impala
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 07:25:01 AM »
I know designs change, but we rented a 2012 impala in 2012.  It seemed to have a lot of "blind spots" for a passenger car.  The side mirrors seemed really small, and not very good visibility out the back.  Maybe I was used to the wife's Jetta or my pickup, but for a passenger car I felt blind to my surroundings in it.

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 03:30:48 PM »
I wouldn't.  Had a rental and didn't like it at all.

Drovus

• Engineer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 09:56:43 PM »
CIOR, what were some of the dislikes you had ?

KCSLOVER94

• President
  • Kansas City Southern - The only original.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 12:59:07 AM »
Wondering if anyone drives a new Impala?  My wife and I are looking for a new car, and we were thinking about the Impala or Malibu, or something around that size.  My '98 Grand Prix finally has gotten to the point of not worth fixing.  We have a 9 month old son, as well.  Any like or dislikes about the Impala would be helpful.

I know it's a little smaller but the Ford fusions are pretty nice. I have a 2013 and wouldn't trade it for anything, very roomy for a mid size sedan. I've had no issues with it at all!

Nate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KCS-The Only Original

Kim_Heusel

• Superintendent
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 03:15:31 PM »
My son had a 2011 Impala. I drove it a few times and thought it was a pretty solid car and drove very smoothly. Personally, I have a 2005 Impala and love it.

Kim Heusel

Cheviot_Hill

• Dispatcher
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 07:02:36 AM »
I know this is a few months old topic but I've owned a 2007 Impala. Good solid running car but yes it has issues with blind spots. I'm now presently leasing a 2015 Malibu. My 3 year 45,000+ mile lease will be up in January. I won't buy it. Very good reliable car that we have taken on 3 trips to Florida, one of which was to the Keys and several trips east. The only problem that I have with the car, and it's a big one. It's the auto stop feature. Every time I come to a complete stop the engine shuts off until I let go of the break or if I'm sitting for a longer light it'll just start up on it's own. Better make sure you foot is securely on the break pedal or you might hit the car in front of you when it starts! You do get used to the auto stop feature but it's a pain I  the butt just to save a few pennies in gas.

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 07:49:43 AM »
Just for the sake of comparison, understand that the 2014+ Impala is a TOTALLY different car than the previous generation, built on a different platform.  The engines are similar, but that's about it.  My parents have a 2012, and really love it.  I have driven earlier versions of that model and have nothing bad to say about them.  I love the styling of the new car, and it has received generally excellent reviews, but I have gotten no first hand accounts from owners.