Author Topic: ISRR Sightings, Info, Schedules, Symbols, Interchanges  (Read 10149 times)

Dustin

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
Re: ISRR Sightings, Info, Schedules, Symbols, Interchanges
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2018, 04:39:54 PM »
Yesterday afternoon I caught a single sd40-2 southbound coming off the ISRR at Bee Hunter on to the INRD headed towards Elnora. Had a mix of grain and tanker cars in no particular order. May of even had some coal hoppers, probably 30 cars total. Either had to come off INRD at Switz or from points northward.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2018, 04:50:25 PM »
They’re going south of Martinsville with cars.  Saw them between Martinsville and Paragon heading south a few weeks back.

arobb00

• Superintendent
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2018, 12:12:54 AM »
ISRR had a good cut on the main just past the Kid Glove switch.  Might have been aobut 20 cars; box, tank and covered hoppers it looked like from my brief glimpse as I passed over the track on 465 this morning. 
Also, just south of Raymond/Dan Jones, there were 2 or maybe more tank cars sitting on the spur to the company that used to get steel coil cars.  First time I'd seen anything on that spur in a long time.  New customer, or just stashing some tankers out of the way?  BTW I am assuming that is on ISRR trackage; or is that CSX?   Not sure if the ISRR property ends at the yard behind Omni-Source or how far south of it?

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2018, 04:24:15 PM »
ISRR has Trackage Rights from Ray to Crawford Yards. Ray is Located just to the West of Holt Road on 67.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2018, 04:33:12 PM »
ISRR had a good cut on the main just past the Kid Glove switch.  Might have been aobut 20 cars; box, tank and covered hoppers it looked like from my brief glimpse as I passed over the track on 465 this morning. 
Also, just south of Raymond/Dan Jones, there were 2 or maybe more tank cars sitting on the spur to the company that used to get steel coil cars.  First time I'd seen anything on that spur in a long time.  New customer, or just stashing some tankers out of the way?  BTW I am assuming that is on ISRR trackage; or is that CSX?   Not sure if the ISRR property ends at the yard behind Omni-Source or how far south of it?

ISRR probably dropped their inbound CSX cars on the tracks you described.

ISRR owns from MP 4 south.  That’s around Kentucky Ave and Foltz Street.

BourdonBoy

• President
  • A conductor of both kinds.
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2018, 04:46:41 PM »
ISRR owns from MP 4 south.  That’s around Kentucky Ave and Foltz Street.

Respectfully, that's actually MP 6 at that location.  MP 4 is the dividing point over on the Louisville Secondary/LIRC.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2018, 05:32:33 PM »
Respectfully, that's actually MP 6 at that location.  MP 4 is the dividing point over on the Louisville Secondary/LIRC.

You’re correct.  Never put two and two together that the mile posts for the line start down town, and not up where the Petersburg Secondary starts at Holt/Eagle Creek.

chriis

• Dispatcher
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2018, 12:49:35 PM »
Friday afternoon, a short train ISRR train was heading south through Spencer. Maybe six covered hoppers, probably for grain.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2018, 04:58:44 PM »
I noticed Today that the ISRR SD 40-2 was gone from I 465 and KY Ave when we went by there on our way to Advance Indiana.

IndyKing

• Mogul
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2018, 12:34:27 AM »
Maybe six covered hoppers, probably for grain.

Could they have been empty 4-bay plastic pellet hoppers, from Sun Polymers up in Brooklyn?
Cheers, Al

chriis

• Dispatcher
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2018, 08:04:40 PM »
Could they have been empty 4-bay plastic pellet hoppers, from Sun Polymers up in Brooklyn?

They could have been for plastic, but I didn't get a good enough look to discern. 

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2018, 09:14:22 PM »
Shouldn't those be Loaded Cars going down and Empty's coming back?

IndyKing

• Mogul
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2018, 09:54:52 PM »
They could have been for plastic, but I didn't get a good enough look to discern.
It isn't an absolute by any means, but from what I have often seen, if the hoppers were 3-bays then they could well have been for grain, but 4-bays would more likely have been for something else (e.g. polymers).

Shouldn't those be Loaded Cars going down and Empty's coming back?
I don't know for sure, but the Google satellite imagery view of Sun Polymers only shows what could be a pneumatic unloader, and no facility for top-loading hoppers.  I am no expert on this, but it would suggest inbound loads to me.
Cheers, Al

Rich

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2018, 11:49:29 PM »
I ventured in to Indiana today with a goal of catching the INRD on Tulip Trestle. That being said, I came in from the south and while passing through Buckskin, I saw the rear of a southbound coal train turning off the main and heading east. Two GEs for DPU, the one in to the train was an NS 92** series and the outer DPU was a UP 26** series, i thought I heard on my scanner that NS 4153 was the leader.  I'm guessing I was about 15 minutes too late to see it moving, but as I pulled in to Marco, a crew was just getting offf of the ISRR 3372 south and getting in to an INRD truck. This train had a trio of ISRR SD40-2s and a healthy load of coal. It was right around 2pm Indiana time when I saw the crew getting off. I went on to find my train on the INRD and as I headed home, i simply reversed my course. INRD 3372 was still sitting in the exact same spot, engines idling.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2018, 12:09:06 PM »
I think ISRR is NB between Martinsville and Brooklyn at present time.  Just heard a horn going through Martinsville.

Enad

• Brakeman
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2018, 10:51:39 AM »
Should be a 120 car train, either a coal or coke train, comimg into the ISRR from Indy sometime today or tomorrow. Going to Silex for storage.
CSX CO... Anything profiled to ISRR that resembles that?

arobb00

• Superintendent
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2018, 02:25:17 PM »
Curious on the power that will take that size train to Silex.  Will they use CSX power or bring in a couple extra G&W units?

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2018, 03:22:51 PM »
Z399-20 looks like they’re on Kraft Runner East getting the train.  Not sure when it got there.

Enad

• Brakeman
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2018, 10:24:46 PM »
Doesn't look like it got picked up today. Maybe tomorrow? 🤔

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2018, 11:55:09 PM »
Curious on the power that will take that size train to Silex.  Will they use CSX power or bring in a couple extra G&W units?

Line never struck me as very hilly, at least to Silex  120 empties shouldn’t weigh too much.  If one hero wouldn’t pull it, I bet two would.