Author Topic: ISRR Sightings, Info, Schedules, Symbols, Interchanges  (Read 9661 times)

AmcorLocal

• Brakeman
If anyone has any information about the ISRR operations please post in this thread. There seems to be a lack of information regarding their operations. Also I was curious about their interchange with one of the CSX Y130 - Y135 locals in Indianapolis. Any information that anyone may have about Indiana Southern is welcome to be posted in this thread.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
Re: ISRR Sightings, Info, Schedules, Symbols, Interchanges
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 02:32:54 PM »
Glad to see this started for the Indiana Southern. I thought that the Tracks from Mooresville South through Brooklyn were out of Service. On Sightings around Indianapolis, there was a Post about 50 Hopper Cars coming up to Crawford Yards going to Whiting Indiana to the BP Refinery.

AmcorLocal

• Brakeman
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 01:17:14 PM »
I know that there are 2 or 3 industries in Mooresville, but I don't know where they ship it. They either take it south or interchange it at the csx belt connection. I know that near around Oakland City they run more often. Also as far as I know they leave an engine in Indianapolis all the time to switch the Kid Glove industry.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 02:04:08 PM »
I thought that the Track south through Brooklyn was out of service. Then I hear that they brought up 50 Empty Coal Cars to Crawford Yard for CSX to pick up. Anyone know what is going on. If they are doing that then the Track must not be out of service.

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 05:03:23 PM »
The hoppers where parked down north of Silex. Been there quite awhile.  If any if that track was out of service they simply put it back in to grab those cars then took it out again. Nothing to get too excited about - just pulled some car out of storage due to deteriorating turn times (slower services means more cars needed to move same amount).  Depending on results of current garage sale a certain RR is having, I might fill the line back up.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 07:53:34 PM »
The hoppers where parked down north of Silex. Been there quite awhile.  If any if that track was out of service they simply put it back in to grab those cars then took it out again. Nothing to get too excited about - just pulled some car out of storage due to deteriorating turn times (slower services means more cars needed to move same amount).  Depending on results of current garage sale a certain RR is having, I might fill the line back up.

Hopefully they don't sell the garage and house with the stuff out on the driveway. 

AmcorLocal

• Brakeman
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 08:34:16 AM »
I have a friend that tells me that ISRR switches the 3 Mooresville industries on almost a daily basis throughout the week. Can anyone elaborate on what they do with their loads and empties. If we think a certain section of the line is Out Of Service (OOS) then they must interchange with a CSX local in Indy. Probably one of the locals out of Hawthorne Yard?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 09:19:16 AM by AmcorLocal »

chriis

• Dispatcher
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 01:54:24 AM »
Can anyone elaborate on what they do with their loads and empties.

Can't tell you what CSX local works the interchange, but the north end of the ISRR has been discussed a few times. Have you read these threads?

http://indianarailroads.org/board/index.php?topic=19338.0;all

http://indianarailroads.org/board/index.php?topic=18782.0;all

http://railroadfan.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34022

Or these 17 pages of light reading?

http://indianarailroads.org/board/index.php?topic=8240.320

AmcorLocal

• Brakeman
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 09:29:13 AM »
Thanks for the info! Do you know why the original ISRR sightings thread died?

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 11:31:50 AM »
Do you know why the original ISRR sightings thread died?

Just guesses on my part but looks like activity on the line has declined except perhaps around interchanges such as Switz City and Oakland City. Also, probably very few observers along the line who post on this forum.

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 11:37:52 AM »
Wait. Is there any interchange at Oakland City?

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 12:27:49 PM »
So who does the ISRR Serve south of Switz City. The Info from Switx city to Indy was greatly appreciated. I know that there are several Coal Trains that they bring up to Linton to go West to Bear Run Mine. Just how many Coal Trains are there and What Businesses do they serve on the South End as I have heard that is where most of their Business comes from. Also who do they get that Freight From, CSX, NS or Both?

Dustin

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 12:53:57 PM »
Duke Edwardsport trains running to Bear Run and they also handle a few NS trains that run to Bear Run from the NS interchange at Oakland City. Can't comment on any of the local freight runs.

xgap

• President
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 06:39:50 PM »
NS interchange at Oakland City is through the ex-AW&W trackage. The interchange track in town was removed years ago.
They also have trackage rights to Yankeetown on NS.

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 08:32:01 PM »
NS interchange at Oakland City is through the ex-AW&W trackage. The interchange track in town was removed years ago.
They also have trackage rights to Yankeetown on NS.

Thanks for that clarification. Just zoomed out on the aerial image of Oakland City and saw that interchange to the southeast.

inrdchris

• Fireman
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 10:13:48 PM »
I live on the line just outside of Martinsville and there's a red sign planted in the middle of the track at Hindsdale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

mononmike

• Brakeman
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 10:38:34 PM »
So does that mean there is another one further north or further south?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyKing

• Mogul
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 11:51:24 PM »
I live on the line just outside of Martinsville and there's a red sign planted in the middle of the track at Hindsdale.
So does that mean there is another one further north or further south?

I suspect the other sign would be to the South, as the track in Gosport is REALLY rusty.
Cheers, Al

inrdchris

• Fireman
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 06:58:46 AM »
I suspect the other sign would be to the South, as the track in Gosport is REALLY rusty.
I believe the last train to run through here was when they took a cut of coal hoppers from silex.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

mononmike

• Brakeman
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 06:44:23 PM »
I heard air horns this morning in Martinsville,  it sure what it was though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk