Author Topic: NS System Map  (Read 1118 times)

Butch

• Fireman
NS System Map
« on: January 22, 2017, 03:18:13 PM »
Here's the link to my 2017 NS System map (with Google Earth flights) => https://goo.gl/EbDjPB.  It works the same as my CSX system map.

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
Re: NS System Map
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 08:07:15 PM »
Looks like took a lot of time.  Thanks for doing this. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 02:10:35 AM »
Seems like it's missing the former Southern RR tracks in TN and VA
If in doubt, Notch it out!

Butch

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 07:00:49 AM »
Mapping NS has proven to be quite a challenge and this old Kentuckian needs all the help he can get!  Some states provide great resources for railroads, some don't.  I spent most of my  time mapping the Harrisburg and Pocahontas Divisions, and they are the most incomplete!  I wish NS would have info available like the CSX curfew maps (listing their subdivisions), but NS's system map just list their districts as NS - LOL.   

I am a retired Eli Lilly software developer, so I was trained to leave out information I cannot verify.  Rail mapping certainly isn't medical research but old habits are hard to break :)  I welcome any information pertaining any missing District names - and I'll be willing to dig from there.  I built my worksheet from Wikipedia => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Norfolk_Southern_Railway_lines and this site needs a lot of updating.   So, I'm counting on RR experts to help me complete the missing NS districts.

Thanks!

Butch

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 09:49:41 AM »
Thanks to whoever updated Wikipedia!!!  Think my NS map is much more complete now, but maps are always a work-in-progress :)  Please let me know if you catch any errors.