Author Topic: Current State of the CSX Illinois Subdivision.......  (Read 61545 times)

IU_Tower

• Mogul
Re: Current State of the CSX Illinois Subdivision.......
« Reply #660 on: August 10, 2019, 11:20:04 PM »
This thread is starting to remind me of the ITM thread back in the beginning. Endless "theories" and smoke & mirrors. Makes me wonder if Mac was a former board member of the ITM......

midland sub

• Dispatcher
« Reply #661 on: August 11, 2019, 09:44:24 AM »
We would be remiss not to include the gibberish and rage the IMC, NS Frankfort-Lima, CSX-CIND Shelbyville, and god forbid CKIN-HVRM nightmare. All them were a lot of words being spit out to see where they stick rumors and almost zero truth.

As someone that pretty much grew up on Ohio side of the old B&O, at least Iím objective enough to cut the warm and fuzzy memories to the cold hard truth. The entire damn line from west to east is easily explained why it has almost zero value. It went from somewhere (St Louis) thru a whole lot of nothing. Middle was something- but itís a north-south flow- thru a lot more nothing to Cumberland thatís really a nothing more than the connection to the spine of the old B&O. If you didnít the notice the entire description is cemented to the word ďnothingĒ. Illinois-Indiana-Ohio have numerous active rail lines surrounded by ďnothingnessĒ, yet they they do trump this line- as they are active. 

For those thinking haulage trains are the future, scraphauler please educate them with how little money the I&O made with the foamer loved CN traffic they moved back in the late Ď90s.

This thread is starting to remind me of the ITM thread back in the beginning. Endless "theories" and smoke & mirrors. Makes me wonder if Mac was a former board member of the ITM......

midland sub

• Dispatcher
« Reply #662 on: August 11, 2019, 10:19:27 AM »
Iím fairly certain your group of whatever you want to call yourselves is serious. The issue is in a world flooded with private capital to be invested, itís not difficult to think that just about anyone will actually listen to your dreams that scribbled on a greasy Waffle House napkin. Just like in the days they let credit card companies hang out on college campuses signing up hapless kids, doesnít mean itís a good idea to do...

I know some seasoned experts like yourself know the cost to maintain a line, but letís inform the others that donít. Same line on the Ohio side 30 miles are owned and maintained a small town and operated by the I&O. $2.5 million to purchase the line in 1988. Another $10 million plus has been spent on maintaining and track projects. It cost them almost $100,000 a year to keep them line open and thatís literally nothing more inspections, weed spraying, insurance and whatever band-aid repairs that happen. Sounds like a couple seasoned pros like yourself donít plan on running exempted, so youíre in the same $3000 a mile maintenance costs. 

NO MORE!!! The problem is you guys think that the gentlemen who live in Indiana are playing. They're not. All you've done is insulted someone who is helping them out.
Calling me, a pimple faced 12 year living in a basement. Why don't you all grow up and act your age and not your shoe size. I'd say you're all a bunch of losers.
If you don't like this post keep it to yourself. Enough with the insults!!! If you want to keep up with the insults, say it to my face and NOT over the internet.