Author Topic: Greetings from Speedway  (Read 1188 times)

roadmaven

Greetings from Speedway
« on: August 28, 2016, 09:20:14 AM »
Hi all! I'm happy to have found this board last weekend while searching the net for good spots around Indiana to photograph trains. I'm not really sure as to "why" but recently I must've been bit with this bug. I've snapped a few pics over the years of trains during my travels, but nothing to the point of where now every weekend I want get in the car with camera in tow and explore. It looks like this forum will be just what I need to accomplish that.

I really started last Sunday by cruising from downtown Indy, up Massachusetts Ave, and Pendleton Pike to Fortville where I finally got a CSX eastbound. Yesterday after looking at the Amtrak app, I saw where the Cardinal was almost 3 hours late leaving Indy, so I headed west on 136 to find a good spot. Being an old highway buff, I knew old State Road 34 dead ended at the tracks west of Lizton. Prime spot, as I'm guessing a few of you may already know? There were some concrete barricades on which to stand. Of those that I shot as it cruised by (with a couple of honks for me) this was the best one of the ones I grabbed.

Thanks for reading...I'm looking forward to tapping into all your knowledge on here!

Pat B.
Speedway, IN
Pat B.
Speedway, IN

trafficcritic

• Dispatcher
Re: Greetings from Speedway
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 10:43:02 AM »
Nice videos, welcome to the site!

SankyInbound

• Chief Dispatcher
  • Railroading: It's a way of life, more than a job.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 05:47:51 PM »
Always good to see a new member, especially snapping shots on the Crawfordsville sub.  Welcome.
"Don't find a fault, find a remedy."

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
Greetings from Speedway
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 10:21:48 PM »
Welcome aboard.  Nice pic and I know exactly where that is. I've driven by there hundreds of times. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottFlood

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 07:27:54 AM »
Welcome to the board!

Russ Schwartz

• Dispatcher
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 12:04:11 AM »
Welcome to the Bull Session. Have fun!

-- Russ Schwartz

trainmaster53

• Jay Gould
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »
Welcome on board. You will like this sight and you will get a lot of information as well.