Author Topic: "Major transportation announcement" involving Lebanon & CSX  (Read 1583 times)

MSchwiebert

• Chief Dispatcher
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/story/32711638/major-transportation-announcement

To be announced this morning (8/9)

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottFlood

• Chief Dispatcher
Re: "Major transportation announcement" involving Lebanon & CSX
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 02:15:58 PM »
Updated story from Inside Indiana Business. 250 undeveloped acres ready to be served by rail.
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/story/32718966/rail-designation-to-drive-lebanon-park

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
The article says it's the only rail served business park in central Indiana.  What happen to park 100 on the north side of Indy which is owned by Duke Reality?  Do they not get any rail service anymore? When I worked for them in the 90's there use to be switching done on a daily basis at park 100

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 05:06:26 PM »
Updated story from Inside Indiana Business. 250 undeveloped acres ready to be served by rail.
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/story/32718966/rail-designation-to-drive-lebanon-park

The important question is, are there CUSTOMERS waiting for such service?

Cmdr_Suds

• Superintendent
  • Notch eight and sanding!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 05:41:46 PM »
The important question is, are there CUSTOMERS waiting for such service?
That is the more important question.  i.e. Park Fletcher has gobs of rail at one time but nobody used it.  Now it is completely gone. 
CSX CE&D Sub
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced."

arobb00

• Superintendent
The article says it's the only rail served business park in central Indiana.  What happen to park 100 on the north side of Indy which is owned by Duke Reality?  Do they not get any rail service anymore? When I worked for them in the 90's there use to be switching done on a daily basis at park 100

Park 100 is still served daily - that new business park's marketers might want to do a bit more research it seems.

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 05:49:42 PM »
That is the more important question.  i.e. Park Fletcher has gobs of rail at one time but nobody used it.  Now it is completely gone.

Fort Wayne has a couple about like that. Industrial Park is full of sidings, but other than the cement distributor, generates ZERO cars most weeks.  Casad also has all kinds of rail service available, but I believe has but one customer. Of the big warehouses out by the airport, only one has a spur, and I'm not sure it was EVER used. 

shane_man15

• Mogul
  • Back to building quality Honda products again.
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 06:02:33 PM »
Well, you know, it helps when you can give reliable service to a customer as well. Keep that in the back of your mind.
Shane Smiley (shane_man15)

Modeler of the Muncie, Richmond, and Fernald Railway.
Train horns are also my thing.

GIMME A CORVETTE ALREADY!