Author Topic: An Autistic's garden railway  (Read 818 times)

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
An Autistic's garden railway
« on: July 04, 2016, 01:43:47 PM »
How about a Garden railway, just not based on anything from Indiana.  Built little by little, most items traded for, donated or found used at shows or the shop in Zionsville.  Power is all onboard battery, so no worries about cleaning track other than clearing away overgrowth and leaves/sticks.   Buildings are all lighted via my 12vt path light system.  Trains are a mix of Kalamazoo Trains and LGB.  Several are custom painted for my MCRR and the Autism Express.  The LGB 2-4-0 is the newest power on the line, dontated by a gentleman from another online forum.  She is the back up power for my Autism Express passenger train pulled by an elderly Kalamazoo 4-4-0.  This was her first run after being rebuilt with onboard battery power.  Also running is my little Austrian mixed train as i am in a European mood today.  I am using 6 cell RC car batteries to power them, runs last 3-6 hours depending on the load I am pulling and rechange takes less than 1 hour.   Enjoy and Happy 4th of July!!   Mike and Michele T

central1751

• Dispatcher
Re: An Autistic's garden railway
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 01:49:54 PM »
If anybody wants to come over and run trains, feel free to message me.  Curves are a mix of LGB R1 and R2 so only smaller engines.  Live steam is welcome as well.  There is no track power, so battery or live steam only.     Mike

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 02:46:03 PM »
Where is your Garden Railroad at.

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 03:12:44 PM »
I am in Kokomo.  I have been out working on the layout most of the day, pulling weeds, I reversed the position of the depot and waiting platform as I installed my LGB platforms.  I mocked up a short house track but need a LGB R1 RH turnout to complete it.   Mike

indrr

• Administrator
  • Tycoon
  • indrr admin
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 08:28:18 AM »
Looks like a great little railway!
Nathan Bilger
-----------------
Board Admin, Webmaster
http://www.indianarailroads.org.