Author Topic: New member in Columbus, IN  (Read 1367 times)

Aqualung

• Brakeman
New member in Columbus, IN
« on: May 12, 2016, 12:18:43 PM »
Hello!
I live just west of I-65 near Columbus, IN, so I've taken an interest in the LIRC and the current project to upgrade the rail and move to 10-15 trains a day.

Can anyone point me to the threads where the LIRC upgrade timeline and progress are being discussed?

I'm also familiar with SDR and would love to track trains in my area, but I've been unable to find any hotbox detectors in the area. Messing with SoftEOT now, but I think the signal is too weak for my home.
Do we have any sort of list of hotbox or other malfunction detectors along the LIRC?

Thanks for the help!

rwadams

• President
  • CSX Indiana Subdivision
Re: New member in Columbus, IN
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 09:33:05 PM »
Can anyone point me to the threads where the LIRC upgrade timeline and progress are being discussed?

Most of the discussion is in these 2 threads:

http://indianarailroads.org/board/index.php?topic=12758.0

http://indianarailroads.org/board/index.php?topic=13079.0

Rog :D
Just never mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BantaRail

• Superintendent
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 12:05:21 PM »
Hello;
There are 4 to 5 folks here in Columbus that have interest in RRs, then there are about 18 modelers.
Email me:  BantaRail@aol.com

I have worked for NS. LIRC, AMTRAK, Squalcreek Southern, RJ Corman (twice) in Ky and WV. and someone else, do not remember????.

I may not be done, another RR is starting up in Columbus, Ohio to WV. They plan on starting in July.  Received call yesterday informing me that they NEED help.  Will check into it.
This is why I will never get married;D 

Brian Banta 

Freightrain

• Superintendent
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 03:39:23 PM »
It is good to love your career I am sure somone can add to that.