Author Topic: ITM / Fishers in a dispute  (Read 146780 times)

BourdonBoy

• President
  • A conductor of both kinds.
Re: ITM / Fishers in a dispute
« Reply #1700 on: December 05, 2018, 12:58:38 PM »
I find it curious that the “tremendous amount of excitement” about the trail seems to only ever come from Fadness and other politicians. Where are the statements from and actions by general citizens who are allegedly so "excited" about the trail? It certainly seems like they are in a large minority compared to those in favor of keeping the rails intact.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

danielm75

• Fireman
« Reply #1701 on: December 05, 2018, 03:56:59 PM »
I think Mayor Fadness and all his co-horts have been hitting the herbal therapy and the glass pipe too much, swirling in their own clouds, and wearing rose-tinted glasses for them to have 'so much enthusiasm for the trail'...

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #1702 on: December 05, 2018, 07:12:51 PM »
9.3 million for a trail!!!  That thing better have  radiant heat under it, overhead canopy, traffic lights, self cleaning asphalt, and be 20’ wide.  WTH are they smoking.  How long exactly is this section of trail? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BourdonBoy

• President
« Reply #1703 on: December 05, 2018, 09:29:21 PM »
9.3 million for a trail!!!  That thing better have  radiant heat under it, overhead canopy, traffic lights, self cleaning asphalt, and be 20’ wide.  WTH are they smoking.  How long exactly is this section of trail?

The Fishers segment would be 5.7 miles, from 96th Street (the Marion County - Hamilton County line) north to 146th Street (the border between Fishers and Noblesville).

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
ITM / Fishers in a dispute
« Reply #1704 on: December 05, 2018, 10:55:11 PM »
The Fishers segment would be 5.7 miles, from 96th Street (the Marion County - Hamilton County line) north to 146th Street (the border between Fishers and Noblesville).
So, about $1,600,000/mile for a path? 

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:17:06 PM by Rick »

rrnut282

• Mogul
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #1705 on: December 06, 2018, 08:48:49 AM »
I think a potential tunnel under the major streets might skew the cost/mile somewhat. 
rrnut2-8-2
(Mike)

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #1706 on: December 06, 2018, 10:00:48 AM »
I think a potential tunnel under the major streets might skew the cost/mile somewhat.
They want to build a tunnel?  Are you serious?  We have trails up here that intersect with busy city roads and state roads with no problems.  Are they assuming hundreds of people will be using this daily?  4-5 months out of the year it will be minimally used because of weather.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #1707 on: December 06, 2018, 02:02:04 PM »
That sums up to a Very Big Waste of Tax Payer Money. Keep the Railroad, Its Cheeper

BourdonBoy

• President
« Reply #1708 on: December 06, 2018, 03:40:54 PM »

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #1709 on: December 06, 2018, 04:33:56 PM »
They want to build a tunnel?  Are you serious?

That sums up to a Very Big Waste of Tax Payer Money. Keep the Railroad, Its Cheeper

Until someone gets smoked by a car and sued anyone and everyone associated with the trail.

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #1710 on: December 06, 2018, 08:59:13 PM »
Until someone gets smoked by a car and sued anyone and everyone associated with the trail.
Does the city get sued when a pedestrian gets hit crossing, walking or riding across or down the road? 

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #1711 on: December 06, 2018, 09:07:14 PM »
Does the city get sued when a pedestrian gets hit crossing, walking or riding across or down the road? 

With the right lawyer they’ll sue everyone and see what sticks...

NS7112

• Dispatcher
« Reply #1712 on: December 06, 2018, 09:52:46 PM »

In this day and age....Absolutely they can!!  You're crazy to think otherwise..

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #1713 on: December 06, 2018, 09:59:08 PM »
In this day and age....Absolutely they can!!  You're crazy to think otherwise..
I don’t think so. 

NS7112

• Dispatcher
« Reply #1714 on: December 06, 2018, 09:59:46 PM »
They want to build a tunnel?  Are you serious?  We have trails up here that intersect with busy city roads and state roads with no problems.  Are they assuming hundreds of people will be using this daily?  4-5 months out of the year it will be minimally used because of weather.

Not sure what the traffic count is per day on 116th but it's crazy busy and would be very dangerous to try and get across.  Accidents would for sure happen. Speed limit is 25mph right at the tracks but cars go 40+  FPD NEVER pulls anyone over in that area.  Not really sure why.  Crossing it at certain times of day would be extremely dangerous.  It will be used year round as is the Monon is but not as popular in the winter months obviously.  We don't get the snow like you do up north   

NS7112

• Dispatcher
« Reply #1715 on: December 06, 2018, 10:03:54 PM »
I don’t think so. 

Yes they could....EX. Pedestrian that gets hit in crosswalk at night and sues city because said person claims that it wasn't well lit enough or a street light was burned out.  Jury sides with pedestrian.  Of course I made this up but yes it could happen with the right lawyer 

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #1716 on: December 06, 2018, 10:07:10 PM »
Yes they could....EX. Pedestrian that gets hit in crosswalk at night and sues city because said person claims that it wasn't well lit enough or a street light was burned out.  Jury sides with pedestrian.  Of course I made this up but yes it could happen with the right lawyer
Of course if there is a problem with the intersection like you described but under normal circumstances the city just laughs at those. 

I didn’t realize 116 was that busy.  Tunnel would definitely be a good idea especially around the people in that area

IndyHog

• Superintendent
« Reply #1717 on: December 07, 2018, 01:22:38 AM »
It should be named the Gold Plate Trail
Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......wait a minute, He's much worse

IN1312

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #1718 on: December 07, 2018, 06:46:45 AM »

Indiana law is really strict about what can and can not be sued for. If the law says something isn't valid as the basis of a lawsuit, the judge can throw it out before a jury ever gets to make a decision.

NS7112

• Dispatcher
« Reply #1719 on: December 07, 2018, 06:53:52 AM »
Indiana law is really strict about what can and can not be sued for. If the law says something isn't valid as the basis of a lawsuit, the judge can throw it out before a jury ever gets to make a decision.

Yes very true. A lot of silly lawsuits are thrown out