Author Topic: ITM / Fishers in a dispute  (Read 145610 times)

BantaRail

• Superintendent
ITM / Fishers in a dispute
« on: April 14, 2016, 02:24:01 PM »
Any clarification on City of Fishers shutting down ITM runs????   

Kelthomp

• Chief Dispatcher
Re: ITM / Fishers in a dispute
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 04:56:06 PM »
Just some drama. Should be back to normal soon! In the mean time we are working hard on restorations!

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 10:26:47 AM »
This is the first I had heard of this.

rrnut282

• Mogul
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 09:03:21 PM »
Do tell.  Inquiring (bored) minds want to know.
rrnut2-8-2
(Mike)

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 09:25:56 AM »
Why does Fishers have any say on this line? I thought the HHPA was a county thing.

rrnut282

• Mogul
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 01:41:27 PM »
I take it someone didn't get his tushie kissed hard enough? ;D
rrnut2-8-2
(Mike)

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 03:33:54 PM »
Any impact for Train Day this Saturday?

Off topic - any schedule or planned events for this weekend?

Kelthomp

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 05:05:42 PM »
Any impact for Train Day this Saturday?

Off topic - any schedule or planned events for this weekend?

We will have the speeders running but that is all. Sadly no train is running as far as I know but you never know.

AlcoGuy

• Dispatcher
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 09:03:04 AM »
From what i am hearing, this could (has?) become very ugly, and the outcome may not be good. However, not sure of the facts so wont post any info but if anyone has the facts, share if you can. However,  i will say some have said the lines days may be numbered in so far as a railroad is concerned.

Kelthomp

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 11:39:54 AM »
From what i am hearing, this could (has?) become very ugly, and the outcome may not be good. However, not sure of the facts so wont post any info but if anyone has the facts, share if you can. However,  i will say some have said the lines days may be numbered in so far as a railroad is concerned.
Just a dispute between two groups at ITM but nothing major. If FRA leaves by Saturday we will be running a train. If anything were to happen where ITM would be no more id think people would fight for it to be a commuter route over anything else. There would be a lot of stupidity if they repeated the same process to that line as they did the Monon and made a trail.

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 01:26:27 PM »
I understand people not wanting to speak out of turn, but could SOMEBODY please give some insight as to what is going on?

Kelthomp

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 03:16:58 PM »
I understand people not wanting to speak out of turn, but could SOMEBODY please give some insight as to what is going on?
Title speaks for itself... there is a dispute between ITM and HHPA, the owners of our line. That is all I will give because I don't want to give out more than I should and get in trouble with the museum.

STLX 7000

• Chief Dispatcher
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 07:28:02 PM »
Perhaps ITM's run has come to an end. It's amazing that operating in the wealthiest county in Indiana hasn't served it better.  A compromise could be made to where ITM operates strictly from Noblesville to Tipton and the line south reverts to whatever uses the Port Authority sees fit.

Kelthomp

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 07:48:50 PM »
Perhaps ITM's run has come to an end. It's amazing that operating in the wealthiest county in Indiana hasn't served it better.  A compromise could be made to where ITM operates strictly from Noblesville to Tipton and the line south reverts to whatever uses the Port Authority sees fit.
It is far from over I can assure you that

• Mogul
  • Posts represent the views of no corporations
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 08:28:44 PM »
It is far from over I can assure you that
I don't think you can

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 10:45:11 PM »
Question for itm426 or anyone else with knowledge of this situation.  How does the IndyGo BRT plans play into the long term future of the rail corridor?  Below link takes you to a recent article dealing with phase 1 of Indianapolis's proposed BRT - BUS Rapid Transit.  BRT is light rail without the rail.  Dedicated right or way (or lanes) for exclusive use by oversize busses.  Red Line is moving forward.  Blue Line has identified the HHPA right of way as it's future dedicated right of way.  So, does HHPA have some sort of plan where the BRT road and the rail line can coexist,  or is the right of way (at least Fishers south) destined to become a railroadless bus only roadway?

http://www.areadevelopment.com/logisticsInfrastructure/Q2-2016/Improving-Commute-Economic-Development-BRT-454566.shtml
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 11:03:20 PM »
I really hope the Bus/Rapid Transit "plan" dies and goes away sooner rather than later before costing the taxpayers millions of wasted money.

Really sad to hear of the state of affairs with ITM - hopefully something can be worked out so that the wonderful collection can be realized for the treasure that it is.

510Russ

• Dispatcher
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 12:04:00 AM »
Here is a portion of the story. Some details left out, some unknown.

Wow, from a passenger's perspective, I had no idea it was that bad.  I always thought that the ITM was very professional. 

These problems sound in many ways like those that plagued the Toledo, Lake Erie, & Western (aka "The Bluebird") up near where I grew up.  The City of Waterville banned them, and when a major culvert washed out by Grand Rapids (OH), that all but did them in.  Then something happened that I don't know about, but there seemed to be a fresh infusion of cash that allowed them to fix the culvert, buy a nice maintenance facility in Grand Rapids, and start running again.

I've done the Fair Train many times, the Polar Express once, and one of the dinner trains that went to Cicero.  Good times and good memories.  I hope the ITM can weather this storm...

-- Russ Schwartz

• Mogul
  • Posts represent the views of no corporations
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 04:06:45 AM »
Check out job listings for Indiana Business Railroad if you're concerned about the collection. I doubt it's going anywhere.

hoghead

• Conductor
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 10:37:07 AM »
I apologize if this suggestion is out of place, but could this railroad make some extra revenue by doing some local freight runs or switching cars for one of larger railroads in the area? I see and read about INRD and others moving 3 or 4 hoppers around, seems like some good work for a smaller railroad to do.