Author Topic: Hello Indiana!  (Read 1614 times)

Trainsinpa

Hello Indiana!
« on: February 14, 2016, 08:18:15 PM »
From time to time I search the internet for my name just to see where it shows up.  A while ago Tom Hiner asked me for permission to share http://indianarailroads.org/board/index.php?topic=15601.0, to which I said "sure".  You'll be happy to know that I did find the reference to my site-- which led me to sign up to your site.  While I'm not an "Indianan", I figure railroad enthusiasts are linked in a grander scale.  However, I do know that Indiana has the third highest number of freight railroads in the US.  I don't know if I want to admit which one is the first...but I'll leave you this link to check it out http://www.railserve.com/stats_records/state_railroad_statistics_by_mileage.html :)

Your site is quite extensive.  Thanks for allowing me to be part of it!  Craig

Russ Schwartz

• Dispatcher
Re: Hello Indiana!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 09:06:41 PM »
Welcome, Craig!  We passed through Reading this fall on the way to the start of our Lincoln Highway journey across PA.

Have fun!

-- Russ Schwartz

Trainsinpa

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 07:12:03 PM »
Lincoln Highway, huh?  I think that's Rt 30 -- "The Main Line".  Chasing trains or just checking out Amish country?

trainmaster53

• Jay Gould
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 07:26:47 PM »
Welcome aboard, Glad to have you.

Russ Schwartz

• Dispatcher
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 09:23:22 PM »
Lincoln Highway, huh?  I think that's Rt 30 -- "The Main Line".  Chasing trains or just checking out Amish country?

Actually, we were following the Lincoln Highway.  (My wife grew up on an abandonded portion in northeast OH.)  We stayed at a vintage motor court in Mann's Choice, PA, and we visited the 9/11 Memorial at Somerset.  We did visit a train station in Everett, as that was where my wife rode an excursion train many years ago.  (The tracks are now gone.)

We were in eastern PA in the spring, too, and we rode the train at Stroudsburg.

-- Russ

Joosh

• Engineer
  • No defects. Detector out.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 06:26:59 PM »
Hi there, Craig! Welcome aboard!