Author Topic: Need help with a Elkhart/Goshen former Railroader/family member info. Ulery  (Read 1546 times)

JGN

• Superintendent
  • Interested in all Rail History!
Hello Group, I am doing some family history and wonder if any of you would know of a Basil Ulery from around the Elkhart or Goshen area. He worked for the railroad, probably NYC, and had passed way about 20 years or so. Any help would be appreciated. Please respond to this post, or private message me through "my messages" area of this forum. Thanks, Jay

GP30M4216

• Dispatcher
  • I'm a Hoosier railfan!
I would suggest the library and geneology records at the Elkhart County Historical Museum in Bristol.  They have an extensive collection and may have the information you're looking for.  My late grandmother organized the library and geneology collection at the Museum in the mid 1960s and it has continued to grow since then.  You might also contact someone at the National New York Central RR Musuem in Elkhart.  I don't think they have many employment records, but the old timers that hang around there may have heard of that name before.

JGN

• Superintendent
  • Interested in all Rail History!
I will check out your suggestions next time I can get up there. Thanks for the help! Jay