Author Topic: Pothole on Washington and Sherman  (Read 567 times)

indio317

• Brakeman
Pothole on Washington and Sherman
« on: January 25, 2018, 12:54:52 PM »
What looks like remnants of the street railway and brick pavement at Washington and Sherman, drove over it around 12:30pm today.  Left lane of westbound Washington St.  Needless to say, it's a huge pothole, so I'm sure it's on a priority list to get filled asap. Wish I took a picture of it.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
Re: Pothole on Washington and Sherman
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 01:08:39 PM »
What looks like remnants of the street railway and brick pavement at Washington and Sherman, drove over it around 12:30pm today.  Left lane of westbound Washington St.  Needless to say, it's a huge pothole, so I'm sure it's on a priority list to get filled asap. Wish I took a picture of it.

Rails making their yearly appearance at Washington and I-70/65 interchange too.  Take the WB turn lane from Washington Street to the I-70 ramp and you canít miss them.

IU_Tower

• Mogul
Re: Pothole on Washington and Sherman
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 06:48:05 PM »
Several years ago (back when I lived on the east side), I came upon a construction crew installing new sewer lines in the center of Washington Street. They had to pile up several dozen rotten ties and 2-3 blocks of rail. The superintendent on the job said he was pissed at Veola Water for not telling him about the tracks.

I tried to get a date off the rails, but they were too corroded.