Author Topic: N. Judson vs. CKIN?  (Read 36494 times)

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
Re: N. Judson vs. CKIN?
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2016, 07:07:38 PM »
He will never live down filing the wrong chapter of barkruptcy and being thrown off his own railroad

That's the legacy of Felix.
If in doubt, Notch it out!

midland sub

• Dispatcher
« Reply #201 on: November 19, 2016, 07:39:38 PM »
I'm lost on your statement about the bankruptcy. The only choice he had was Chapter 11 which he did and was going to be the only shot of reorganization and survival. You're at the mercy of the trustee assigned and many of them have the business sense to know what's worth saving and who needs to go. Paper barrier interchange agreements and worn out right of ways would have sank anyone.

As for the situation at hand. Many an attorney and law firm have made their fortunes by groups of people that are trying to do the "right thing" but haven't a clue on tying up loose ended agreements. Your loyalties and sensibilities might lay with the Hoosier Valley, but there's plenty of valid points and legal precedents in the filing that give the CKIN a valid argument. Seriously if you think the Hoosier Valley is the proper people to leading the decision making process then please reconsider. For the love of Pete they almost selected the fools at Frontier Rail as the new operator.....

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #202 on: November 19, 2016, 09:09:12 PM »
Almost, could of, would of....

People really need to go do some digging.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2016, 05:18:02 AM »
Almost, could of, would of....

People really need to go do some digging.

For what?  It's all laid out in the filings.

FWIW a post on Trainorders about this with a response from a lawyer following the situation echos that this is a mess, and HVRM exerting a lot of influence in decision making for someone who's name isn't on the filings or the property deed.

IF the towns goal was to give HVRM a place to run then they filed everything incorrectly, lied on the filings to get Government money to preserve the freight corridor, and is really opening up a whole other can of worms.  Seeing as the initial filings and RFP stated they were looking for a freight operator to run the railroad for them, and be accommodating to HVRM, their tune has changed.  Which is why you have the filings that brought this back to our discussion.

midland sub

• Dispatcher
« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2016, 09:06:14 AM »
CSX_CO is spot on. So if there's an actual real piece of paperwork that's not in the latest filing or at the Hoosier Valley site that alludes to this digging you keep referring to please let us know. I suspect you personally haven't taken the time to browse through the 215 pages of this filing and have seen the actual agreements and paperwork from back in 2004. I don't have an issue with effort and desire to save the line for the Hoosier Valley, but any of you that think that development of freight traffic that helps the economic well being the area is second to the ability of the Hoosier Valley to play trains....

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #205 on: November 20, 2016, 10:36:05 AM »
......yup never read a single word

midland sub

• Dispatcher
« Reply #206 on: November 20, 2016, 11:12:17 AM »
I'll give you credit for continuing to tip toe around the mine field that CSX_CO and myself have laid out for you. I know myself I could care less who ends up running the freight side, it's just more a desire to see the HVRM realize that part of them being given the opportunity to continue their mission with everyone else's money, also came with the burden there's certain laws and regulations regarding interstate commerce that they cannot sidestep at their whim. The money that came about to save the line was paid for by economic growth elsewere. Taking a 500 car a year stretch of track into 2300 cars a year strengthened the local economy a hell of a lot more than what the HVRM brings. Not saying the HVRM doesn't generate their own economic value, but for Pete's sake the board needs to see the overall picture of what's best for the region and not their desire to play with trains....

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #207 on: November 20, 2016, 03:33:01 PM »
Actually it's not worth an argument..no tip toeing around anything.  Some of us do know more about it..

Railfan407

• Dispatcher
  • I'm a Hoosier railfan!
« Reply #208 on: June 07, 2019, 12:21:01 PM »
And whatever cams of this?  Is HVRM still unable to operate most of the line?  Are we going to see another ITM situation?

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #209 on: June 07, 2019, 05:11:14 PM »
And whatever cams of this?  Is HVRM still unable to operate most of the line?  Are we going to see another ITM situation?

Since itís been quiet, think HVRM is able to run N Judson to LaCrosse.  CKIN still operating the rest.

coal road

• Engineer
« Reply #210 on: June 07, 2019, 05:59:14 PM »
The museum has NEVER been able to run to LaCrosse again.  Still locked out.  Just northwest of the bridge in English Lake is as far as they can go.  Don't believe the lies printed in that rag of a newspaper in Knox and the WKVI website,  it is just as they say " Fake news".  Neither one would know real reporting if it bit them.
I doubt anyone would want to ride under that deathtrap with the excavator perched on it over the tracks just Southeast of LaCrosse anyhow. 
Anyone seen that mess? 

Dschro

• Conductor
« Reply #211 on: June 08, 2019, 07:56:43 AM »
I live in Indy and was curious about the "death trap", but couldn't find anything suspicious on Google.  I did notice the abandoned bridge over the Kankakee.  What line was this?

Thanks

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2019, 08:05:15 AM »
The so called death trap is an excavator sitting atop a steel structure over the track that is used to unload gypsum from high side gondolas.  Fairly common set up - looking at building one myself for an aggregate facility we have under development
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 08:18:21 AM by scraphauler »
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

coal road

• Engineer
« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2019, 09:37:41 AM »
I live in Indy and was curious about the "death trap", but couldn't find anything suspicious on Google.  I did notice the abandoned bridge over the Kankakee.  What line was this?

Thanks

Not there on Google earth, image is too old.  The abandoned rail line was PRR/PC/Conrail.

Dschro

• Conductor
« Reply #214 on: June 08, 2019, 01:39:48 PM »
thanks!

E-Unit

• President
« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2019, 11:06:56 PM »
1:There is no current issue between HVRM and the IBC operation. They do not run to LaCrosse by their own choice.  (Source: I am in contact with members of both parties nearly every day.)

2:That gypsum transload is pretty standard. Not the most optimal method, but still safe. No need for a large setup for a ~20 car a week operation. Its lot that close to the road either so how can you access its safety worthiness without trespassing?

3: Not sure what your problem is coal road. You are literally the only one trying to stir the pot any more. You have something against the CKIN still even though Powell backed out and let a more competent, investment minded leader in.
Next time you step out to look for trouble, maybe stop and look at the vast improvements that have happened in a span of less than 2 years. I'll make you a cheat sheet.

26,000 new ties going in. 16,000 last year from the mills to LC, and 10,00 current going in LC to Malden starting now. A 4800' siding off of the NS Thomaston connector. 5 replaced crossings. 3 GP38-2s and an SD40-2 arrived on property and more big power on the way. The Rebuilt SD-M (815) Newer work trucks, mechanical trucks, and maintenance trucks (dump and prentice) Cleanliness, though there is alot of room for improvement there still. They've been trimming trees and picking up junk. Oh and of course the new customers. You've seen the gyp op, but the second new customer hasn't broken ground yet and hopefully will soon. There is a mountain of gravel there for it already though. Oh and some of the new young bucks there are taking the time to preserve the history of the area by repainting mileposts and touching up their power/returning prototypical style to it.

Prairie Maverick.

coal road

• Engineer
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2019, 05:02:05 PM »
So you somehow got the idea that I "have a problem" and am trying to stir the pot??   
Railfan407 asked what became of this and was HVRM able to operate most of the line.
CSX_CO replied that he thought HVRM was able to return to running into LaCrosse.
I replied that that was not the case, and what I had observed.
Pot stirring? Problem?   Not here.
If you go back and re-read everything that transpired from the beginning it clearly shows that it was put out there that the museum would be able to return to LaCrosse (and possibly the Hanna festival) and that has never happened.  The museum has never made it past the lock ever again.   
Am I wrong??   Can't find out anything on the HVRM website, it hasn't been updated in three years.  Last post under NEWS is the locked derial.

E-Unit

• President
« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2019, 06:03:27 PM »
Using sensational terms to describe the operation such as "death trap", making claims they they are blocked from operation, and crying about fake news certainly qualifies as stirring the pot especially since you just admitted you have no clue what is going on there.
Prairie Maverick.

coal road

• Engineer
« Reply #218 on: June 10, 2019, 06:23:56 PM »
Derail is still there, car storage is still there, they are still blocked.  What part don't you understand?
Death trap a sensational term, no it is my personal opinion of that cluster.....  I have worked as an equipment operator in the past, would not have any part of that mess.
Not crying but stating a fact about the complete lack of any real reporting by WKVI and that joke of a paper in Knox........... fake news.

Your turn.

E-Unit

• President
« Reply #219 on: June 10, 2019, 07:09:14 PM »
How are they blocked if they don't want to go through?

Seems they discovered going over the bridge and going back makes them more money than running further.
Prairie Maverick.