Author Topic: Unconsisting Locomotives  (Read 1191 times)

jjrailfan

• Chief Dispatcher
Unconsisting Locomotives
« on: February 28, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »
My DT402D shows that my locomotive #5506 is showing that it's consisted. I can not remember what unit(s) it's consisted with. How can I find out and unconsist?

JohnIII

• Superintendent
Re: Unconsisting Locomotives
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 05:24:17 PM »
Pull up its address, and start putting other locomotives on the rails and see which one(s) move with it. Assuming you consisted it with one of yours. Otherwise, don't know. Doing a full reset might be an option.
Hauling Beer on the Beer Line in the 1960s
YouTube:  BeerLineModeler

MDavis

• Superintendent
  • VP; Webmaster Naptown White River
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:46:02 AM »
when did you tracked on sista locomotive, that is mostly the system itself making a note to remember to send the same commands the locomotive be as it is getting the locomotive a. So you should be able to reset the Digitrax system itself and take that out. You might try putting locomotive on the layout putting it on the left side of the throttle and then hitting the MU and - keys, the system might be willing to take it out that way but I wouldn't cross your fingers for that
In accordance with our lease agreements with the Army, graffitists at JPG will be considered tresspassing and a national threat, and shot on sight.
-CMPA: HO
http://www.sites.google.com/site/cmpaho

jjrailfan

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 06:35:36 PM »
Think I figured it out. I had Loco 5506 on right know.but and was trying unsuccessfully to unconsist. No matter what I did, it still showed the unit in a consist. I put 5506 on the left knob and unconsisted and it took. Not sure why this worked but it did.

MDavis

• Superintendent
  • VP; Webmaster Naptown White River
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 12:19:09 AM »
Think I figured it out. I had Loco 5506 on right know.but and was trying unsuccessfully to unconsist. No matter what I did, it still showed the unit in a consist. I put 5506 on the left knob and unconsisted and it took. Not sure why this worked but it did.

Because for whatever reason, the Right-Knob is locked out from registering a Consisted locomotive. The Right knob is supposed to be the "Dominant" locomotive. Don't ask me why it matters, but that's how Digitrax sets it up.
In accordance with our lease agreements with the Army, graffitists at JPG will be considered tresspassing and a national threat, and shot on sight.
-CMPA: HO
http://www.sites.google.com/site/cmpaho