Author Topic: Radio Shack closing 50 stores.  (Read 4824 times)

rrnut282

• Mogul
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
Re: Radio Shack closing 50 stores.
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 10:11:11 PM »
I remember Allied and Lafayette.  But I bought my 1st VOM (Simpson 630) from Graham Electronics;  Cost me my whole 1st paycheck from WFMS.  Used it for 50 years with no problems and then one day I forgot I had been measuring Ohms, and stuck the leads into an AC socket... now the needle is in the shape of a question mark and it don't work no mo!
Sounds like you let the smoke out. ;D
rrnut2-8-2
(Mike)

CSX10020

• Dispatcher
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 08:08:18 AM »
A lot of stores in a STL area are closing too.

Eric G

• Engineer
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 11:07:30 AM »
Even though Radio Shack is in bankruptcy I've been told they are not exactly going away all together.  They'll apparently will lease space in bigger stores i.e. Wallmart or Best Buy.

Eric G

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 07:48:36 PM »
Went to the McGalliard road location today in Muncie and lets say that was sad...not but 1 table of stuff on it at 95% off. 

Caylorman

• Dispatcher
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 09:47:30 PM »
I went to the Noblesville store on Tuesday, scored a $400 digital scanner for $40.  That was way too good to pass up. I Saturday is their last day.

E.J.

Cmdr_Suds

• Superintendent
  • Notch eight and sanding!
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 10:19:31 PM »
and then one day I forgot I had been measuring Ohms, and stuck the leads into an AC socket... now the needle is in the shape of a question mark and it don't work no mo!
Done that with my Fluke, it doesn't care. :) it just keeps on working.

Milo Associates on Michigan rd. is another place to find electronics.  But my favorite place is Mendelsons in downtown Dayton.  They are a used equipment dealer and they have an unbelievable amount of electronic parts.

"No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced."

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 10:29:43 AM »
Lady said the Elwood store would be open another month and Anderson was independent and would remain.

doublestacks

• Mogul
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 05:34:53 PM »
i checked out the store in marwood plaza, in mars hill, they said they will be one of those sprint take overs. nothing was marked down in there. the employees are not sure of anything, if it will be a store within a store or not.

as for the one in plainfield, they are going to close down. still alot of inventory left but the sticker prices didnt look like they changed, and there was too many people in there for me to ask about any price differences, so i just left.
Steel is real and it feels no pain.