Author Topic: Horseshoe Curve 2015 Hot Spot Charter Trip  (Read 1886 times)

SOUfan

• Dispatcher
Horseshoe Curve 2015 Hot Spot Charter Trip
« on: December 21, 2014, 03:12:07 PM »
I am looking into the possibility of scheduling a charter trip with Miller.  I have a good connection with the company and am putting together info to take a trip to Horseshoe Curve.  The trip would leave from the northern Indy area.

Is this something that would interest anyone here.  It'd likely include an overnight in Altoona, and maybe sitting a bit at Cresson.  The fuller the bus the cheaper the ride!  The key to a cheap charter is keeping it to one driver at an 8 hour max drive.  Trips to Chicago,  Berea, Fostoria, Rochelle etc are all possible inexpensive day trips without an overnight as well.  I have a friend that works at Steamtown too. Another idea for an overnight is Spencer Shops in NC but that would cost the most.

trainchaser115

• Fireman
Re: Horseshoe Curve 2015 Hot Spot Charter Trip
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 12:15:13 PM »
Great Ideal will keeping watching for further developments

Trainguy2525

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 06:27:09 PM »
That would be awesome to take my Grandpa on a trip like that! Berea would be really cool also.

Trainguy2525

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 04:22:56 PM »
Any updates on this being a possibility?

SOUfan

• Dispatcher
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 01:29:14 PM »
I am working to see what "minimum" numbers look like. Fortunately, my contact is not interested in making a profit--rather just seeing the sites and helping others do so as cheap as possible.   The key is all about confirming interest.  I am also putting together a trip to the National Museum of the Air Force in Dayton.  That would really cost less than paying for gas.  (The museum is free).

Trainguy2525

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 03:38:48 PM »
I am working to see what "minimum" numbers look like. Fortunately, my contact is not interested in making a profit--rather just seeing the sites and helping others do so as cheap as possible.   The key is all about confirming interest.  I am also putting together a trip to the National Museum of the Air Force in Dayton.  That would really cost less than paying for gas.  (The museum is free).
You'd have 3 as my Grandpa, cousin, and I would love to go!

B@M

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 10:57:41 AM »
would be intrested