Author Topic: google maps muncie  (Read 2272 times)

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
google maps muncie
« on: December 17, 2014, 07:02:23 PM »
Check google maps for Muncie.  They have updated the aerial late this summer and you can see how Progress Rail has further updsted the tracks by addind the narrow gauhe and put in a diamond to cross the outside lead.

Bob Durnell

• Mogul
Re: google maps muncie
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 12:56:28 PM »
Does anybody know what the pile of concrete rubble north of the main assembly building was?  It looks like maybe it was a big concrete pad?  I know they have no obligation to do it, but it sure would be nice if they would put in a display track so people could actually see some of what they build there.  NS actually seems to do this at Altoona, so it's not like it's uneard of.

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 01:28:37 PM »
Does anybody know what the pile of concrete rubble north of the main assembly building was?  It looks like maybe it was a big concrete pad?  I know they have no obligation to do it, but it sure would be nice if they would put in a display track so people could actually see some of what they build there.  NS actually seems to do this at Altoona, so it's not like it's uneard of.

Car companies do it a lot at the assembly plants, and I believe GE in Erie has a spot they put stuff to show off.
If in doubt, Notch it out!

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:37:26 PM »
In the new maps its gone.  They hauled the remaining piles off this past spring.
This concrete was removed for the equipment and air tables and then pits for assembly and new track work inside the building.  Im told the assembly hall had 3 foot thick slab under it. 

I know due to stuff in the images that it was done in August.