Author Topic: Thomas the Tank at French Lick  (Read 1012 times)

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
Thomas the Tank at French Lick
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:33:25 AM »
Thomas the Tank is at French Lick this Weekend. Also the Monon Convention is going as well down there. So anyone who is interested head on down. I am sure it would be a Fun Weekend.

MDavis

• Superintendent
  • VP; Webmaster Naptown White River
Re: Thomas the Tank at French Lick
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:37:53 PM »
Thomas the Tank is at French Lick this Weekend. Also the Monon Convention is going as well down there. So anyone who is interested head on down. I am sure it would be a Fun Weekend.

How interesting the timing is... I just gutted out an HO Thomas locomotive for usage...
In accordance with our lease agreements with the Army, graffitists at JPG will be considered tresspassing and a national threat, and shot on sight.
-CMPA: HO
http://www.sites.google.com/site/cmpaho

RailfanJ-Ro22

• Mogul
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 09:36:15 PM »
How interesting the timing is... I just gutted out an HO Thomas locomotive for usage...

Always wanted to do that. LOL
Jeremy Rose - Check out my railroad videos at www.youtube.com/railfantube

MDavis

• Superintendent
  • VP; Webmaster Naptown White River
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 10:30:21 PM »
Always wanted to do that. LOL

Actually not hard, the worst part was that I mangled the contact strips and he shorted out the layout. Otherwise, you unscrew the driver frame from the chassis, unscrew chassis from boiler housing, unscrew and remove motor casing, unscrew halves of motor casing, pull ONE gear out from between the worm and the axle gears, reassemble, and he freewheels just like the protoype. Eyes still work too since they are geared off the driver gear and not the worm. Expect to see a video soon.
In accordance with our lease agreements with the Army, graffitists at JPG will be considered tresspassing and a national threat, and shot on sight.
-CMPA: HO
http://www.sites.google.com/site/cmpaho