Author Topic: Indiana Bicentennial Train Schedule  (Read 2706 times)

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
Indiana Bicentennial Train Schedule
« on: September 13, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »
The Indiana Bicentennial Train will be in Columbus Indiana this week Sept 18th through Sept 20th. The Hours are Thursday and Friday from 9 Am till 6 Pm and Saturday From 9 Am till 4 Pm.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
Re: Indiana Bicentennial Train Schedule
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:52:48 AM »
Thursday Sept 25th, Friday Sept 26th and Saturday Sept 27th the Indiana Bicentennial Train will be in Jasper Indiana. Also in Frenck Lick Thomas the Tank will be There Saturday and Sunday.  The Monon Historical Society will be having their Convention in French Lick as well. Lots of things going on in and around French Lick and Jasper this week. Take the Kids and Head to French Lick for lots of Fun and Games and Visit the Bicentennial Train while in the Area.

adamwelp

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 02:20:15 PM »
Has it moved yet? I would like to catch it in New Albany since I can't get back home to Jasper to see it.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 11:39:26 AM »
I have No Idea if they were Moved. This being Tuesday, I would say that the Cars are on the Way to Jasper since they open on Thursday down there. This is a Big Weekend for French Lick and Jasper with Thomas the Tank and the Monon Convention in French Lick and the History Train in Jasper Indiana.

Trainman19

• Superintendent
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 12:27:32 PM »
Anyone know where the train will be this year?

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 02:56:08 PM »
Jasper Sept 25th through the 27th, Terre Haute Oct 2nd through Oct 4th, and Bargersville Oct 9th through the 11th.

Trainman19

• Superintendent
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 05:27:25 PM »
Ok, thanks.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 07:44:10 PM »
The Indiana Bicentennial Train should be getting ready to leave Jasper to head to Terre Haute Indiana. It will be in Terre Haute from OCT 2nd through OCT 4th on Margaret Avenue just west of 3rd Street.

hytwr1

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 10:18:40 PM »
Based on information over here, I believe the Terre Haute location will be across the road from the former Western Tar/ Tangent Rail tie plant on SR63, adjacent to a Terre Haute fire station. This is a long way from 3rd street.

Bill

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 10:44:16 AM »
Just got off the phone with the Indiana Historical Society to confirm the Location. They tell me that the Bicentennial Train will be at Margaret Avenue just West of 3rd Street. Hope that clarifies the Location for you guys in Terre Haute.

IndyKing

• Mogul
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 12:58:11 PM »
Just got off the phone with the Indiana Historical Society to confirm the Location. They tell me that the Bicentennial Train will be at Margaret Avenue just West of 3rd Street. Hope that clarifies the Location for you guys in Terre Haute.

It also says that on their website, but there is no railroad at that location?!? ???
Cheers, Al

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 03:46:29 PM »
I am checking with Eric Powell to find out what is going on with the Location that is Listed. As soon as I find out I will Post It.

RailfanJ-Ro22

• Mogul
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 09:24:04 PM »
Is there any chance for this train to go to Connersville or Richmond someday?

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2

Jeremy Rose - Check out my railroad videos at www.youtube.com/railfantube

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 10:47:19 PM »
You would have to Contact the Indiana Historical Society at 317-234-7384 to find out about that. Or come to Bargersville on Oct 9th through Oct 11th and ask someone here. I think I heard that someone would be here looking for New Members. Also they still are in need of Volunteers.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 06:55:38 PM »
The Indiana Bicentennial Train will be at the Old Tangent Tie Property. This is Praireton Road North of Margaret. Hope that Helps out. The Historical Society put out the Location, Not the Indiana Railroad.

hytwr1

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 10:55:38 PM »
The train is NOT on former Tangent rail property. It is spotted across the tracks from the Graham Feed mill on the east side of Prairieton road(SR63). Go west on Margaret Ave from 3rd st to the T intersection. The display is in an open field on your right just past the fire station. Parking is accessed by way of a path between the crossing flashers and the South Belt main track. Could get interesting if it rains...

Bill

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 01:39:19 PM »
The Indiana Bicentennial Train Cars are now in Bargersville. They Are in the Process of setting up everything for the Public Viewing on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The Hours are Thursday and Friday from 9 Am till 6 Pm and Saturday from 9 Am till 4 Pm. We hope to see a Lot of You Here in Bargersville that may have missed the Train at Other Locations or if you just want to come and View it.

1gdog

• Engineer
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
The Indiana Bicentennial Train Cars are now in Bargersville. They Are in the Process of setting up everything for the Public Viewing on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The Hours are Thursday and Friday from 9 Am till 6 Pm and Saturday from 9 Am till 4 Pm. We hope to see a Lot of You Here in Bargersville that may have missed the Train at Other Locations or if you just want to come and View it.

I'll be making the road trip Saturday. Can you post the actual location? Thanks!
Armchair Modeler  PRR, GR&I, D&M

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 09:24:20 PM »
I take that you will be coming down I 69.  The Train will be at the Corner of Baldwin Street and Harriman Streets in Town. Bargersville is 6 Miles West of Franklin. The Indiana Historical Society has it Marked very well. If you come down I 65 to the Franklin Exit, That is St Rd 44, Take St Rd 44 West, Which Turns into State Road 144. When you Get into Bargersville there is a Sign that Says 144 Ends at St Rd 135. 144 Turns into County Road 144 between 135 and st 37. It is still the Same Road. After you Cross St Rd 135 (Speedway Station and Marathon Gas Station), West Bound Just Follow the Signs to the Train..

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 06:49:55 PM »
Over 700 People went through the Train Today. Will post an Exact Count for today and tomorrow, Tomorrow Night.. It was a Fun and Interesting Day.