Author Topic: indygov maps  (Read 1652 times)

doublestacks

• Mogul
indygov maps
« on: November 22, 2014, 11:55:16 PM »
anyone else notice that the maps on the city's website are missing all of the aerials before 2013? it was just working as of yesterday (friday) night.
Steel is real and it feels no pain.

doublestacks

• Mogul
Re: indygov maps
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 10:09:20 PM »
I got a response back from the website and the lady said something went down with the monthly updates they did.

So, here is 1 more find of a fallen flag railroad living on a property deed. This particular plot here is the site of a sewer diversion structure near the white river. At this little building, 3 giant sewers come to a meet underground and feed into river siphons to go under white river to belmont WWTP. Its job is to divert flows between belmont and southport, connected by a 48" sewer that has ran full since the day it was put in around the 1970's. They must have left the property name unchanged since its being used as an integral piece of our sewer system. The big rock tunnel that has been making the news lately will be alleviating this situation.

I never took the time to read up on the IC. I didnt know they merged with the gulf railroad.
Steel is real and it feels no pain.

Bob Durnell

• Mogul
Re: indygov maps
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 10:32:38 PM »
The IC merged with the Gulf, Mobile & Ohio RR in 1972.  In 1988, after IC Industries spun off the railroad AND the railroad had gone through a huge downsizing, the railroad reverted to it's original name.