Author Topic: Chesterton Railcam Down?  (Read 4196 times)

Gary

• Conductor
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Chesterton Railcam Down?
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:32:35 PM »
Have noticed the Railcam at Chesterton is down or removed.

The following message is displayed:
"The requested URL /live-cameras-free/chesterton-in-west-free was not found on this server."

Did it go to a pay/view method or anyone have info on what happened?

trafficcritic

• Dispatcher
Re: Chesterton Railcam Down?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:44:21 PM »
Cool site!  I didn't know about this :)  Someone needs to put up a webcam on the CSX Indy Line..

It's working for me..

doublestacks

• Mogul
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 11:20:51 PM »
Cool site!  I didn't know about this :)  Someone needs to put up a webcam on the CSX Indy Line..

It's working for me..

can you post the new link for it? the original one is not working.

http://www.railstream.biz/live-cameras-free/chesterton-in-west-free
Steel is real and it feels no pain.

trafficcritic

• Dispatcher
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 11:24:46 PM »

doublestacks

• Mogul
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 11:25:32 PM »
cool, looks like they just moved directories in the server. looks good, working on my end now. thanks.

**EDIT:  man, that sure was a nice amtrak train, eastbound. 2 engines and about 10 cars give or take. i didnt know it ran here.

trafficcritic

• Dispatcher
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 12:11:42 AM »
cool, looks like they just moved directories in the server. looks good, working on my end now. thanks.

**EDIT:  man, that sure was a nice amtrak train, eastbound. 2 engines and about 10 cars give or take. i didnt know it ran here.

Somebody on the chat said that was the 48 (Lake Shore Ltd)- departs Chicago at 930p daily (1030p Eastern time).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:23:47 PM by trafficcritic »

Srmoon

• Brakeman
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 09:46:37 PM »
great lighting show with trains on the cam tonight!

jasonbaker250

• Fireman
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 10:04:21 PM »
Not to OFFEND anyone, but why do some railfanners get hyped about an Amtrak passenger train passing through? Is it because that's like the LAST passenger train service in the U.S.A. now?

NS7112

• Dispatcher
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 06:04:43 AM »
Not to OFFEND anyone, but why do some railfanners get hyped about an Amtrak passenger train passing through? Is it because that's like the LAST passenger train service in the U.S.A. now?

Not to offend you but last I checked this was a railfans website....some like passenger trains, some like freight, some like intermodal, some like roadrailers, some are steamie fans, some just like light engine moves, some just like looking at crossing gates going down/up/blinking, some just like railroading in general, some just like.....

Caleb

• Superintendent
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 08:50:31 AM »
My "speciality" per se isn't Amtrak but I enjoy watching Amtrak trains basically because they are fast, shiny, and you don't see them every day. Just like NS7112 said, some people like other aspects of the railroading world. I tend to like the Mechanical and Modeling aspects more than others. I like watching a crossing blink and go up or down or an Alco smoke but what makes it do that? What makes what work? That's my niche in the hobby.

It probably isn't the best idea to ask these kinds of questions on this forum, especially in someone else's thread. Most of these types of questions are self-explanatory and you're only really going to get pounced on.

doublestacks

• Mogul
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 09:35:40 PM »
tracks are hot tonight. just caught the lake shore limited again. 2 engines and about 7 or 8 superliners. every car was a super liner. sweet train. almost missed it while having the webcam in another browser tab. seen the train at 9:34pm eastern

edit: there sure is an obnoxious static in the audio tonight.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 11:10:35 PM by doublestacks »

Kelthomp

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 07:51:31 PM »
tracks are hot tonight. just caught the lake shore limited again. 2 engines and about 7 or 8 superliners. every car was a super liner. sweet train. almost missed it while having the webcam in another browser tab. seen the train at 9:34pm eastern

edit: there sure is an obnoxious static in the audio tonight.

That second train with all Superliners should be the Capitol Limited