Author Topic: Scanner feeds Northern Indiana?  (Read 1105 times)

Ibflattop

• Engineer
  • KC9QZW
Scanner feeds Northern Indiana?
« on: December 12, 2013, 09:35:39 PM »
Is there any scanner feeds that cover NS out of Ft.Wayne?  I looks for the Fostoria NS feed but its not up.   Kevin
LF22-" Head them whest"
"Stretch them! "
Wife asks" What is that Squirrel doing on that Antenna?? "
CIOR Engineer- "Taking up both mains and a siding"  Not called, E.O.T., Called "Running on Markers !

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
Re: Scanner feeds Northern Indiana?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 10:20:24 PM »
There is potential from the atcs east Fort Wayne host. We discussed it but wont do anything until later but thats his call

Ibflattop

• Engineer
  • KC9QZW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:06:24 PM »
Well when we put the mast up in the back we could host it on the west side. What would we need other than a scanner and ?????
Its just acquiring permission from the President.................
LF22-" Head them whest"
"Stretch them! "
CIOR Engineer- "Taking up both mains and a siding"  Not called, E.O.T., Called "Running on Markers !

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 09:10:19 PM »
Well when we put the mast up in the back we could host it on the west side. What would we need other than a scanner and ?????
Its just acquiring permission from the President.................
you keep it up and a 3" conduit port will be thru the wall...then tell me whst M calls you..lol

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 09:15:47 PM »
I am going to recommend you start with at least a ham receiver. Preferably a 2meter mono band that is based on the commercial line products. Or even a commercial VHF receiver.

Then you need a server, thankfully you have one and we can just add an IMIC.

Then some software, I use old school Winamp with shoutcast version 1, with the basic DNAS server. BUT there is a freebee all in one app on http://www.radioreference.com/

The trickiest part is getting the audio levels right on the volume knob.. takes a bit of feel to get these set.
If in doubt, Notch it out!

Ibflattop

• Engineer
  • KC9QZW
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 09:18:28 PM »
Oh we are already having National Debates going on!!!! and the filibuster is on!!!!! That's why I am upgrading to the Next level in my Ham ticket. Then the Radio will go from a 2 meter hand held to a nice rig in the radio room!!!!! heheheheheheheheheeheheheheheeheh

Then I will be calling Artty in from Atterbury and Grayling............ Shot Out   Over!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                          KB    :)   damn I miss that crap
LF22-" Head them whest"
"Stretch them! "

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 04:50:34 AM »
Well  if you are willing..lol