Author Topic: Live Trackside Cam?  (Read 5155 times)

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
Re: Live Trackside Cam?
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2013, 08:20:05 PM »
I have a niece and nephew going to BSU do you want to talk to them? He is in the music department, I don't know if he could help with it or not ML?   KB
wont help Kev.  Wrong dept.  My daughter is at BSU too but wrong area plus there will be too much BS to go thru

arcticrail

• Superintendent
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2013, 08:54:45 PM »
wont help Kev.  Wrong dept.  My daughter is at BSU too but wrong area plus there will be too much BS to go thru

Too much BS?  Nice pun.
If it moves or makes noise...I'm interested!

xgap

• President
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 06:15:38 PM »
Thanks again for trying and the info, didn't know it was such a deal. Still I would think if the school has the perfect location then there  is a way. Wouldn't a group of kids or class want to help with this as a project. I guess I will stick with playing with my trail cam down here, LOL.

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, 10:49:38 PM »
Thanks again for trying and the info, didn't know it was such a deal. Still I would think if the school has the perfect location then there  is a way. Wouldn't a group of kids or class want to help with this as a project. I guess I will stick with playing with my trail cam down here, LOL.

ill suggest googling cost for running a web cam, then you will on get your answer.   If it was cheap and easy then everyone we ould have one.  Lol. Plus dealing with a gov agency isnt fun..

Rob

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2013, 12:12:39 AM »
Depending on your cell phone and plan, you can easily stream live video/audio from anywhere theres 4g using ustream or livestream, I have sprints unlimited everything plan and as long as i am in 4g, I can stream live video. plus it saves video and can be linked to upload them to youtube automatically, heres 765 from the bed of Deer creek down by Delphi.
Rob

Rob

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 12:16:30 AM »
765 westbound thru Wabash. Clipped otter box case to a whistle post sign :)
Rob

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 05:06:45 PM »
OK, to explain the entire story.

There was a plan to find a host, one day we lucked out and a building owner (who asked to remain nameless) said they would allow us to install a camera and all the stuff there as long as we paid the overage on their account for internet.  After discussion the overage wouldn't be bad and we agreed.  We actually started the process but it was slow for various reasons.  Finally I received a call from the building owner and due to things outside his control at the time (business) he decided to sell the property and quickly and that he asked the new owner and they did not want the hassle of us being there.  He was sorry for it but we all understood.
After a month I got a call about a possible location but after research there was no internet close to this location and the run would be great and finally the angle wasn't good.  We canned all the ideas and just walked away. 

The last location I had was the lumber yard, knowing the owner somewhat I felt I might have been able to work a deal out, but sadly they closed down and the future of the site is unknown due to the ownership of the land (NS) and well, it is what it is.

This leaves one last site, that is the BSU building or the Sweeper shop.  I'm just not into the politics involved there.

I'd love to see a rail park at Muncie, for the fans that enjoy it.  Those that know me know I wouldn't be there..  LOL

arcticrail

• Superintendent
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 05:28:02 PM »
I'd love to see a rail park at Muncie, for the fans that enjoy it.  Those that know me know I wouldn't be there..  LOL

Yah.... Mister "I can't sit still for more than two minutes"   !!!!!!      :P :P :P

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 08:52:38 PM »
Yah.... Mister "I can't sit still for more than two minutes"   !!!!!!      :P :P :P

crap to see...   8)

arcticrail

• Superintendent
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »
crap to see...   8)
Yeah, I  know...and poo to do.  ::)   ;D

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 02:37:27 PM »
Yeah, I  know...and poo to do.  ::)   ;D

I'm thinking a portajohn on a trailer. 
Reminds me of a time in Hamler.   ::)