Author Topic: New Caboose being delivered to Museum!  (Read 1237 times)

Wabash Museum

New Caboose being delivered to Museum!
« on: October 25, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »
Tuesday October 29th at or around 9:30 a.m we are receiving a new addition to our Museum! A caboose has been kindly donated and will be installed outside in a permanent exhibit! We are hoping to find out more about the caboose as it will be playing an intricate part in our continues efforts of Wabash history and education. We know very little about the caboose, but will be reaching for financial goals to have it restored properly!  As many of you know, the Wabash Cannonball was and has a dear place in our hearts in the Wabash community, not to mention the ever continued appreciation for the love of the railroad in general,and we hope you all will come see this piece of history be added to our collection! Thank you so much! We also have several pieces of railroad memorabilia on display inside the Museum, if you get a chance to come in, general admission is 5.00 per person, 3.00 for seniors or military services, or with paid annual membership, free to get in!!
Any questions please feel free to e-mail me or call the Museum directly after 1 today and ask for Mitch!
260-563-9070

Thanks again,
Heather Allen'
Head of Archives
Wabash County Historical Museum
Wabash Carnegie Public Library

MDavis

• Superintendent
  • VP; Webmaster Naptown White River
Re: New Caboose being delivered to Museum!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »
Probably ought to be in the historical railroad/museum section, Model Railroad doesn't get a lot of visitor traffic. Glad to see that museum getting some good pr, but I must admit a blind donation of a caboose seems like a bad idea in the makingDon't get me wrong, a caboose restoration is aways good but I'd want to be looking up that caboose and being sure itssomething that won't be a restoration moneypit and fits the theme of the collection before anyone says "yes, we'll take it."

But that's me, and I'm a nut.  ;D Keep the updates coming and I'm sure we can fill you in on what it is.

Also, there is a Caboose thread running around here somewhere, you might be able to find your mystery caboose in there.
In accordance with our lease agreements with the Army, graffitists at JPG will be considered tresspassing and a national threat, and shot on sight.
-CMPA: HO
http://www.sites.google.com/site/cmpaho

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
Re: New Caboose being delivered to Museum!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 04:58:26 PM »
Just where is the Museum Located. We are always looking for Museums to Visit.