Author Topic: Parke County  (Read 860 times)

IndyKing

• Mogul
Parke County
« on: October 20, 2013, 05:03:31 PM »
This looks to be one of the trickier counties in which to show any railroad activity, unless one is in the right place at the right time.  AFAIK, the only railroads in Parke County are ~1 mile of the St. Louis line immediately to the East of Lena and ~3.5 miles of the CE&D between Lambert Avenue (117th Ave/Rt 2/Rt 1100) and the Wabash River at Clinton.  This provides a combined total of only 5 spots from which one can reasonably take a photo and IMHO only 3 where the view is decent.  The only saving grace is that both lines are relatively busy...  However, this was not the case when I was last in Lena.  Below is a view from the N Lena Road bridge that shows the entire stretch of the St. Louis line in Parke County.  While the bridge itself is actually in Clay County, Parke County extends from the edge of the tree line, just beyond the building to the right, to the S CR 900 W bridge in the far distance.  Hopefully someone else will have a shot with a train in it, but until then this will have to suffice! :o
Cheers, Al

IN1312

• Chief Dispatcher
Re: Parke County
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:45:08 PM »
I was going to do Parke and Lawrence counties, but my laptop crapped out. The best shots in Parke are the bridges over US41 and SR163 near Lyford.