Author Topic: Lafeyette District radio frequency  (Read 885 times)

Bob Durnell

• President
Lafeyette District radio frequency
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:09:50 PM »
What is the frequency for that district?  I am programming a different scanner, and I found some conflicting information on the right frq.

CSXIndyLine

• Mogul
Re: Lafeyette District radio frequency
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 08:34:02 PM »
The gates are going down and the people are starting to frown.

16 down, 4 to go.

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:40:38 PM »
OK, why does Fort Wayne Railfan have that listed as the New Castle District frequency?

rrnut282

• President
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 09:08:06 PM »
Because it is used for both districts.  Peru is far enough away, that interference (cross-talk, talking over one another, etc) should be minimal.
rrnut2-8-2
(Mike)

• Mogul
  • Posts represent the views of no corporations
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 06:19:52 PM »
Because it is used for both districts.  Peru is far enough away, that interference (cross-talk, talking over one another, etc) should be minimal.
It happens more than you think since everything from St. Louis to Ft. Wayne and Ft. Wayne to Cincinnati, plus the Frankfort District is all on the same channel and you have bases fairly close to each other with dispatchers talking all over the place.  Engine radios and base stations pick up a little better than a scanner, too.

rrnut282

• President
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 12:52:49 PM »
It happens more than you think since everything from St. Louis to Ft. Wayne and Ft. Wayne to Cincinnati, plus the Frankfort District is all on the same channel and you have bases fairly close to each other with dispatchers talking all over the place.  Engine radios and base stations pick up a little better than a scanner, too.
I was trying to make it sound logical.  :D
rrnut2-8-2
(Mike)