Author Topic: ITM 72 status  (Read 1121 times)

STLX 7000

• Chief Dispatcher
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
ITM 72 status
« on: August 03, 2013, 11:26:36 PM »
The painting of ITM 83 has got me wondering about the restoration of the 72. How has work progressed so far and has a paint scheme been decided?

indrr

• Administrator
  • Tycoon
  • indrr admin
Re: ITM 72 status
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 08:06:59 AM »
Others can fill in details, but from I've been told, the prime mover and generator are up and running. Now the work is on the electrical and control system. Then on to the other systems and bodywork. Don't know about the paint scheme.
Nathan Bilger
-----------------
Board Admin, Webmaster
http://www.indianarailroads.org.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:22:34 PM »
Paint a Big White Conrail on it and you would have a Pre Conrail F Unit.

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 11:27:17 PM »
I haven't heard it asked.

What is the status on the the FP7A 96 and the B unit, I forget the number of the B unit.

I know some of the trucks off the B unit went to 200 to enable it to interchange out of Kokomo.
If in doubt, Notch it out!

itm426

• Dispatcher
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:24:57 AM »
All, 72 was fired up again last Saturday for a little while since it was out anyways. In that time, we've added the air compressor to the list of major things overhauled as well as all of the 8 brake cylinders were removed, cleaned, serviced, and installed. This work took us through most of the wintertime and there has been some welding work on the body. Cab controls are being worked on, and the cab was in the process of getting re-wired last I knew. If you'd like to see it progress faster, come out and help! If you don't want to help on 72, we have many other projects that we're working on as well, and could always use the help. As always, the Museum is accepting donations as the most costly part of this project will most likely be the paint and bodywork, as it will be extensive. Hope this was a decent update, and we'll have more information coming!