Author Topic: Cardinal/Hoosier State thru Indy  (Read 7530 times)

High_Hood

• Engineer
Re: Cardinal/Hoosier State thru Indy
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2018, 11:22:54 AM »
According to Amtrak.com all 3 arrived
851 9:49am
850 12:51am
51 9:31am

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2018, 03:53:42 PM »
It amazes me how Amtrak can be over an hour late to the first station leaving Chicago and it’s just down the line. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2018, 04:32:34 PM »
More than Likely it was held up after it Departed Chicago Union Station. U forget that Amtrak has to Cross 5 different Railroads up there.

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
Cardinal/Hoosier State thru Indy
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2018, 10:55:53 PM »
More than Likely it was held up after it Departed Chicago Union Station. U forget that Amtrak has to Cross 5 different Railroads up there.
I figured that much but I wasn’t aware that they crossed 5 railroads to get on that line.  I imagine csx has to control some of those do they not? 

And any delay caused by the carrier, Amtrak can charge or fine them for that delay I believe

BourdonBoy

• President
  • A conductor of both kinds.
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2018, 11:26:29 AM »
I've been seeing and hearing ads for the Hoosier State in the general Indianapolis-area media lately.  I see that today it (851) made its initial departure from Indy 1 hour and 20 minutes late.  It is currently reported as being 1 hour 24 minutes late at Dyer.  This does not bode well for trying to boost its ridership.  Anyone know the cause of the delay?

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2018, 09:54:37 PM »
I've been seeing and hearing ads for the Hoosier State in the general Indianapolis-area media lately.  I see that today it (851) made its initial departure from Indy 1 hour and 20 minutes late.  It is currently reported as being 1 hour 24 minutes late at Dyer.  This does not bode well for trying to boost its ridership.  Anyone know the cause of the delay?
Most of the time it’s the railroad that Amtrak is running on that is cause for delay.  Up here they take priority over everything but that doesn’t mean they don’t get slowed down or even stopped for something not of their fault.  Maritime also takes precedence over any rail traffic so if one of multiple bridges go up that’s a minimum 15-20 minute delay right out the gate for east bound passengers. 

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2019, 06:13:45 AM »
Cardinal will be delayed at Indy account plow needing “cut”. 

BourdonBoy

• President
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2019, 09:58:05 AM »
Cardinal will be delayed at Indy account plow needing “cut”.

What happened?

What a shame, since it arrived in Indy 19 minutes early today (at 0456).  As of now (0955) it is still at Indy Union Station, when it should be just an hour away from Chicago at this time.

UPDATE:  It now shows as having departed Indy at 0953.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:21:29 AM by BourdonBoy »

BourdonBoy

• President
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2019, 06:52:21 AM »
851 struck a vehicle at Crawfordsville Road (Hwy 136) between Clermont and Brownsburg. It is currently (6:50 AM) stopped between there and Northfield Drive, so just west of MP QSC15.

UPDATE: According to FB the train left the scene at 7:17 AM.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 07:40:28 AM by BourdonBoy »

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2019, 12:10:21 PM »
It is sad that People just Do Not Pay Attention to these Trains.

JAGGERS

• Brakeman
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2019, 12:34:14 PM »
Anything new on the proposed schedule change for the Hoosier State?

BourdonBoy

• President
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2019, 07:29:04 AM »
Anyone know what happened to last night's Hoosier State?  Couldn't find any info at any of the usual places.
This morning's Cardinal left Indy on time (well, technically 1 minute late) and was 23 minutes late out of Crawfordsville.

BourdonBoy

• President
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2019, 08:00:07 AM »
Never mind, I just found my answer.  AMTK 123 suffered a mechanical failure at Lee and was towed to Monon by local freight power.  Train tied down in Monon and passengers were bussed to Indy.

Guess the 123 was reacting to the state budget which was passed last night that didn't include any Hoosier State funding!

BourdonBoy

• President
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2019, 10:06:06 AM »
Today's #51 arrived in Indianapolis only 15 minutes late (0530) and departed on time at 0600, but it was 1 hour late out of Crawfordsville.  Mechanical problem on their train or another?  Or just more PSR at work?

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2019, 11:04:46 AM »
Looks like switch trouble at N Hunt was source of the delay.

IndyHog

• Superintendent
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2019, 11:18:20 AM »
I can't remember, is N Hunt a dual controlled switch?
Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......wait a minute, He's much worse

BourdonBoy

• President
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2019, 08:53:27 AM »
So far, so good for today's last-ever Friday run of the Hoosier State. One more to go this Sunday.

UPDATE: The train arrived in Chicago 30 minutes early, which I'm sure was appreciated by passengers and crew alike.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 01:08:15 PM by BourdonBoy »

hobodano

• Conductor
  • Retired Sou/NS
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2019, 11:02:09 AM »
https://www.jconline.com/story/news/2019/06/28/vintage-rail-cars-add-nostalgia-amtraks-hoosier-state-final-run-june-30/1560626001/

LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Among all the passenger rail fans saying their farewells to the Hoosier State – a four-day-a-week Indianapolis-to-Chicago route doomed by state budget cuts that kick in next week – who knew the most nostalgic of the lot would wind up being three guys barely out of high school?
“This is a train we grew up watching, and it really hurts to watch it go away,” said Gideon Comanse, a 2017 graduate of the Hammond Academy of Science and Technology, a charter school in northwest Indiana.
“We really wanted to do something big for the last day of the Hoosier State,” Comanse said.
So, he and two friends – Keiwoon Krause, a recent high school graduate living in Fishers, and Nate Carpenter, still a student at the Area Career Center in Hammond – started Blue Pine Rail, an enterprise built solely, for now, on hitching vintage rail cars to the Hoosier State for a final run from Indianapolis to Chicago on June 30.

Fairly familiar with southern Indiana trackage

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2019, 02:16:48 PM »
All we can hope for is a Last Ditch Move to Save this Train. If it goes, So should the People that Decided to Not Fund Something that is well Needed by the Hoosiers that need it, As it may be their only Transportation that They Like. I for One will Not Take A Bus. Lets see How Many of These Clowns at the State House Take The Bus. MORE THAN LIKELY NOT A DAMN ONE.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2019, 08:48:59 PM »
All we can hope for is a Last Ditch Move to Save this Train. If it goes, So should the People that Decided to Not Fund Something that is well Needed by the Hoosiers that need it, As it may be their only Transportation that They Like. I for One will Not Take A Bus. Lets see How Many of These Clowns at the State House Take The Bus. MORE THAN LIKELY NOT A DAMN ONE.

27,000 passengers. Population of Indiana is 6.6 million. 6,600,000.  Only 4/1000 of Indiana’s population used the Hoosier State.  That’s if they weren’t citizens of another stare that just used it.Hardly a ringing endorsement of your statement.  Guess there are 6,573,000 million Hoosiers who didn’t use it who “need to go”.