Author Topic: Indianapolis Chapter National Railway Historical Society  (Read 19531 times)

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
Re: Indianapolis Chapter National Railway Historical Society
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 08:14:55 AM »
Well it's that time of the Month again. Tonight is the National Railway Historical Society's Gathering. We meet at the MCL 3630 South East Street. This is at the corner of Sumner and South East Street. We Start Gathering at 530-630 for Eating and Fellowship. At 630 we ask if anyone has any New News and at about 645 the Program begins. We are usually done by 830 Pm. So with that being said, We hope to see some New Faces tonight. Come and enjoy the Fellowship and Meet with Retired Railroad Employees and Share with us your stories. Everyone is Welcome.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 09:15:13 PM »
Well for those who could not attend the Indianapolis Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society's Program. You Missed a very good Show. The Program was put on by Bill White. Bill showed DVDs on the Cass Scenic Railroad, The Georgetown Railroad. Both showing the Shays at work and the Final DVD was on the Union Pacific Big Boys.  Our next Program will be on Wednesday March 11th 2015 at 530 Pm. Will up date when it gets closer to the Date.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 10:44:56 AM »
Well its that time again. The Indianapolis Chapter, National Railway Historical Society will meet on Wednesday  Evening March 11th at MCL 3630 South East Street. This is at Sumner and South East Street. We meet at around 530 to eat and the Program Starts at around 630. As always we are Looking for New Folks and anyone who wants to help put on Programs. So come on out and Enjoy the Company of several Retired Railroaders and other Railfans and Modelers. We would enjoy your company. We have also started a News Letter that we hand out each month.  We are always looking for any Railroad News to put in the News Letter. Information on New Locomotives, Freight Cars, and Passenger Cars Club News, Excursions and any Up coming Shows to put in it.

BantaRail

• Superintendent
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2015, 10:32:45 PM »
Brian Banta will do the program, variety of slides I have found sorting through boxes.
Three 80 count trays. Some old depots, diesels of shortlines & industry, tray of out west narrow gauge (these appear to be NOT the best shots and not used in a presentation!). This tray will be for sale for $10.  A few aerial of Non railroad, of Franklin, etc.

Also Larry (trainmaster53) will have the Indianapolis Union Val maps, as you requested many moons ago, found them finally.
Bring your camera, you may photography all you want at no charge.
I Do NOT loan any maps out.

Program at MCL 3630 South East Street, Indy.  This April 8, Wednesday.
Eat at 5:30 program at 6:30.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 07:11:44 PM »
Ok Brian. I will have the Camera in hand. Thanks.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 04:49:52 PM »
It is with Great Sorrow that I have to pass this on to Members of the Society. Long Time Member of the National Railway Historical Society Indianapolis Chapter, Jim Dunkman Passed Away Last Night. Jim was one of the Founders of the National Railway Historical in Indianapolis. Jim will be Greatly Missed. Services are Pending and as soon as I get the Arrangements, I will Pass them on for those who knew him. Or Prayers go out to Jim's Family.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 08:20:41 PM »
Wednesday is the National Railway Historical Society's Meeting. As always everyone is welcome. So come on down and enjoy the Fellowship. We meet at around 530 to 6 Pm to Eat and at 630 we pass on any information that is of interest and the Program Begins. Tom Johnson is doing the Program and if its like the Program that he put on for the Railfans of Indianapolis saturday evening, I will say that it should be a Good Program.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2015, 09:36:58 PM »
On Wednesday July 8th Dan Finfrock will be doing the NRHS Program. His Program will be on the New York Central Railroad. As always we meet at the MCL 3630 South East Street for Dinner and some Fellowship at 6 pm. If you do not want to Eat come at 630 for some Fellowship with us. The Program begins at about 7 Pm. The Program is over by 830 Pm. We are always looking for New Folks to Join or group. So come on down and enjoy the Program that Dan puts on for us. All are WELCOME including your Wife if she should want to come along. Hope to see Everyone at the Program.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 10:54:15 AM »
I just got a call from our Secretary Mark Chambers. He has asked that we keep his Family in our Prayers. His Uncle, Joe Messer Passed Away early this Morning. Joe was Retired from Farmount Glass, Later Glass Container.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 11:30:58 AM »
Mark is the Treasure of the NRHS. Sorry.

BantaRail

• Superintendent
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 01:28:05 PM »
Map of the month.                           ( Will bring a map to each meeting, if I do not forget 0
I will have the val map of the B&O of Washington Indiana on display. It is very interesting showing the NYC coming into town, etc.     Anyone can photograph it all they want.
Actual copies are $9.
IT DOES NOT show the O&M shops, the map ends just at the east end of the shops.
Banta 

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 12:17:28 AM »
Well for those who could not attend the Wednesday Evening Show by Dan Finfrock, You missed a darn good show. Dick Wolff will be doing the August Show. So we will remind everyone when the August Show gets closer.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 07:20:37 PM »
Well its that time again. Tomorrow Evening, The Indianapolis Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society Meets at MCL 3630 South East Street at 6;00 Pm. MCL is Located at the Corner of South East Street and Sumner Ave in the Old Target Mall. Dick Wolff will be doing the Program. So as always Everyone is Welcome, Wife's too. So come on out and enjoy the Visitation and the Program. Catch up on all the Railroad news and up grades. Hope to see everyone there. We are always looking for New Members. You do not have to be a Railroad Worker to join. If you are interested in Railroads and Railroading, then this is the place for you.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2015, 10:03:36 PM »
Well its that Time again. Wednesday Sept 9 we will be meeting at MCL 3630 South East Street for our Gathering. MCL is at the Corner of Sumner Ave and South East Street. We Gather between 530 and 600 Pm to Eat and have Fellowship with other members. Tom Johnson will be doing the Program Wednesday Evening. So come on out and enjoy the Fellowship with us. The Program is Free to all excluding your food. Hope to see everyone there.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2015, 01:53:15 PM »
Well its getting close to our program. Bruce Vogel will be doing our Program on Wednesday Oct 14th. Bruce's Program will be on Kansas City Railfaning. Bruce says he will be showing Slides of areas in KC that you will never see again.  MCL is located at 3630 South East Street. MCL is located at the Corner of Sumner Ave and South East Street. This is North of I465 on South East Street. We Meet at between 530 and 6 Pm to Eat (at your cost) and the Program usually Starts around 630 or 700 pm. The program is over by 830 which is when MCL Closes. Hope to see Everyone There. We Welcome Everyone to our Meetings. Bring the Wife along and Enjoy Dinner and Meet Railfans and Retired Railroaders and get News of things going on around our area..   

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 04:43:39 PM »
Tonight is our Meet at 6 Pm at MCL. Don Toon will be doing the Show. Hope to see you there.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2015, 08:18:19 AM »
For those who missed the Program last Evening. Don Toon put on a good show on F Units A-Z. I will let you know who will be doing the Jan Show as soon as I get that information.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »
Wednesday January 13, 2016 will be our Program at MCL at 3630 South East Street. As soon as I get Information on who is doing the Program. I will pass that information on. MCL is located North of 465 on the West Side of the Street in the Old Target Mall at Sumner and South East Street.  As always we are looking for New Members. Our Dues are $20.00 a Year for Local Membership. This helps pay for our Guest Speakers. So Come on out and Enjoy the Fellow Ship. It is Free to the Public Excluding Your Meal, If you wish to eat. See you Soon.

BantaRail

• Superintendent
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2016, 03:14:46 PM »
I talked to Jeff and he said Mark Chambers was doing the program ?

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2016, 01:24:02 PM »
Bob Brown will be doing the Program on Wednesday Evening Jan 13, 2016. He will be Showing a lot of Rare Photos from the 1950s,60s and 70s. Bob says it will be a very good Program. MCL is located at the Corner of South East Street and Sumner Ave. We Eat at around 530 to 630. Lots of Retires from the Railroad here. Program starts around 7;00 to around 830 Pm. The Location of MCL is 3630 South East Street in the Old Target Mall. This is North of Southern Plaza on the West Side of the Street. So Come on out and Enjoy the Food (at your cost) and enjoy the Program.