Author Topic: New Honda Plant update!!!  (Read 55716 times)

Sunman-Ite

Re: New Honda Plant update!!!
« Reply #360 on: November 03, 2008, 08:52:07 AM »
Caught the train Sunday Afternoon!!  I have some video of it hooking up to the scrapcars sitting on the siding here in  Sunman.  Do they take some of them to Greensburg? I figured they'd stop and get those on the way back through?  I caught a couple pics with the cell, and I am going to try to find a place to upload the video.

Christian Hostetler

« Reply #361 on: November 03, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »
Sunman-Ite, upload the video to youtube, and you should be able to embed the video into your reply.
               Christian

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #362 on: November 03, 2008, 11:19:49 AM »
Caught the train Sunday Afternoon!!  I have some video of it hooking up to the scrapcars sitting on the siding here in  Sunman.  Do they take some of them to Greensburg? I figured they'd stop and get those on the way back through?  I caught a couple pics with the cell, and I am going to try to find a place to upload the video.

Normal operating practice is for them to switch Sunman on way west, taking the outbounds to Greensburg with them rather than stopping a second time to pick them up on way east.

Noticed this job had a 3 man crew again - seems to be the norm lately.  Not sure if this is permanent or if they're just training a new guy.  Extra man certainly helps in switch at Sunman and Greensburg.
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

Coach

« Reply #363 on: November 10, 2008, 05:34:57 PM »
Honda Civics are going out daily now via truck.  Beginning on December 1st about 80% will go out on rail.  They are currently producing around 150 a day & will reach 400 per shift.  They just completed their hiring of Production Associates for one shift.  A 2nd shift will be formed in 2009 as many of you have stated.

midland sub

• Dispatcher
« Reply #364 on: November 10, 2008, 08:15:16 PM »
Coach:

Where did you hear the 80% by rail from? The 80% by rail plan won't go into effect until this spring at the earliest. Unless Honda changed their plans today (11/10), which I would have been told about before now. The 400 per shift probably won't happen until mid-January or so. Honda has no plans on loading dealers down with excess inventory with the current market conditions (i.e. Honda's Oct. sales were down 25 percent: Civics were off 31 percent). Honda's not real big on filling up the loading areas with stored cars. Stored cars=possible environmental (read hail damage and other weather damage). GM has been trying to unload 1200 Cobalts and G5s with hail damage from Lordstown, OH.

Honda Civics are going out daily now via truck.  Beginning on December 1st about 80% will go out on rail.  They are currently producing around 150 a day & will reach 400 per shift.  They just completed their hiring of Production Associates for one shift.  A 2nd shift will be formed in 2009 as many of you have stated.

Sunman-ite

« Reply #365 on: November 11, 2008, 11:18:07 AM »
I have several friends who work their who say the same... two of them  have the job of testing, driving, then loading the cars, they said early December will be when they shift to hauling some by rail. Not sure if it's 80%, but they were told they are going to be loading into the auto racks the beginning of December.