Author Topic: CSX Indiana Subdivision Sightings  (Read 130660 times)

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
Re: CSX Indiana Subdivision Sightings
« Reply #780 on: June 01, 2018, 06:50:39 PM »
Heard the LB talking to someone and made a comment, "Well, we'll try again tomorrow".  Then proceeded to talk about having signals "down" between Seymour & Lawrenceburg.  I'm assumimg down as in functional not physically.  Not sure what's up with all that.

CSX10020

• Dispatcher
« Reply #781 on: June 01, 2018, 07:20:16 PM »
There were new signals that were cut in at Seymour for that connection track, maybe something for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSX2605

• Mogul
« Reply #782 on: June 01, 2018, 10:01:19 PM »
There were new signals that were cut in at Seymour for that connection track, maybe something for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he said there were like 7 signals between the two points, not just in one spot.

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #783 on: June 01, 2018, 11:08:30 PM »
Storms yesterday and today dropped trees in SE Indiana. Had 2 good sized ones down across CIND yesterday. Indiana Sub still has limited aerial code line - likely some of that came down.
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

IndyKing

• Mogul
« Reply #784 on: December 20, 2018, 12:23:21 PM »
The local was in Mitchell yesterday, switching out cars for Lehigh Cement.  He also had a centerbeam flat car at the rear of the consist and several gondolas on the head end (likely for Koppers?).  Some of the gondolas looked like MoW cars, as they were solid yellow.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any reporting marks as I was passing through, but I believe the single locomotive may have been CSX 6539 (I didn't make a firm note of the number ::)).
Cheers, Al

scraphauler

• Tycoon
« Reply #785 on: January 10, 2019, 10:38:05 AM »
Busy day yesterday on the Indiana Sub - Q576-09, V166-05, Q574-09, Q256-09 all ran Seymour to Cincinnati
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

South end Tom

• Dispatcher
  • USN track inspector, Ret.
« Reply #786 on: April 06, 2019, 11:04:56 PM »
J-780 was at Mitchell on Friday April 5th. They may have wandered over on Thursday because the engines, 2374 & 6974, were uncoupled from the cars and tied up at the depot. Two empty centerbeams and three gondolas were east of 3rd street on the main. The engines picked up three loaded gondolas from Koppers, coupled into the emptys and set out the three empty gondolas in Koppers. Then they shoved out of town headed for North Vernon with the conductor riding the lead centerbeam (at least when they went out of my sight). I can't imagine him riding on a car for 50 miles. Anyone know where they picked up the centerbeams?

CSX2605

• Mogul
« Reply #787 on: July 04, 2019, 06:58:23 AM »
Just heard the DS give track to someone(train?) in the east direction from the connection track to the Butlerville siding.

Hoosier667

« Reply #788 on: July 18, 2019, 07:22:03 PM »
I saw a small tie gathering machine just west of Seymour this morning. Looks like they are picking up ties that were laid out years ago but never installed. They are stacking them at grade crossings for pick up.

Jeff Wagoner

• Engineer
« Reply #789 on: September 22, 2019, 04:44:24 PM »
Caught what I assume was J780 working in the yard at North Vernon yesterday. I wanted to chase an eastbound across the Indiana Sub but had no luck, has anyone seen anything in the mornings?
CSX J780, North Vernon,IN 9/21/2019 by Jeff  Wagoner, on Flickr

trainmaster53

• Jay Gould
« Reply #790 on: January 27, 2020, 12:33:16 PM »
Has there been any up dates on what is Operating in the Indiana Sub. I have heard that there has been some fairly long trains going East from Seymour.

scraphauler

• Tycoon
« Reply #791 on: January 28, 2020, 09:19:17 AM »
Not a lot has changed over past several months.  Q230, Q504, Q574, and Q576 are the normal suspects that run the line.  Sometimes you'll get all 4, sometimes just the 504.   All three 500 series trains and good old fashioned mixed manifest trains that usually run DPU and can be absolute land barges.

Cheviot_Hill

• Dispatcher
« Reply #792 on: May 26, 2020, 09:00:07 AM »
Rail crew doing some rail replacement today. Just passed them working west of CP Oklahoma in Cincinnati. New sections of rail  has been waiting for weeks to be put in.

trainmaster53

• Jay Gould
« Reply #793 on: June 30, 2020, 12:09:31 PM »
Have received informed that CSX is dropping over 60,000 Ties from Seymour over to just West of Mitchell. Is CSX getting ready for all the Trains of Cement going to Mitchell? Also will they be changing the Diamond at Seymour as well as raising the Track Speed from 10 MPH back to Track Speed to move those train. Also is there any plans to fix the Tracks on over to Vincennes Indiana.

scraphauler

• Tycoon
« Reply #794 on: June 30, 2020, 04:46:08 PM »
Upgrading much neglected track - getting it back to 25 MPH from it's current 10 MPH.   No plans to change out the new OWLS diamond - B&O will remain the slow speed jump over side.  No plan west of Mitchel that I have heard,   Getting track back to Class 2 shape gives the J780 a fighting chance to make a North Vernon - Mitchel - North Vernon round trip with working Seymour, this will allow for an extra trip each week to Mitchel as Lehigh Hanson traffic increases. 

Laguna Man

• Superintendent
« Reply #795 on: June 30, 2020, 05:27:59 PM »
That sounds more like it Scrap. Glad to see the former B&O is slowly coming to life.

Cheviot_Hill

• Dispatcher
« Reply #796 on: July 01, 2020, 11:43:39 AM »
More loaded tie cars were headed west this morning on St. Joe local (J787). Maybe headed to Butlerville. More loaded tie cars and gondolas were parked at St. Joe siding.

Cmdr_Suds

• Superintendent
  • Notch eight and sanding!
« Reply #797 on: August 11, 2020, 09:22:52 PM »
I passed a local heading eastbound out of Vincennes around noon today.  How often do they run East of Vincennes these days and how far are they going?
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced."

CSX2605

• Mogul
« Reply #798 on: August 12, 2020, 06:31:22 AM »
I passed a local heading eastbound out of Vincennes around noon today.  How often do they run East of Vincennes these days and how far are they going?
That was J700.   J709(CE&D) & J700(Illinois sub) use Alice.  J700 runs at night but curfew on the CE&D has J709 running at night and J700(B&O) running during the day. Would love to photo him working Wabash Steel in daylight.  ;)

trainmaster53

• Jay Gould
« Reply #799 on: August 12, 2020, 10:40:10 AM »
Are they still having Signal Problems in Seymour at the Diamond and Curve going East.. Last I heard they were.