Author Topic: CSX MofW channels in common use  (Read 1096 times)

sataraid1

• Dispatcher
CSX MofW channels in common use
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:58:20 AM »
Over the weekend I heard the MofW crews around Greencastle jump to AAR045 after clearing up the main.

What other MofW channels are in *common* use in the Indiana/Illinois areas, particularly out on the road? I realize that many are licensed and listed in various places, but which ones actually get some use?

Also, does anyone know if CSX still uses the old Conrail mobile PBX system on AAR077/087?

Thanks.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
Re: CSX MofW channels in common use
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 01:49:40 PM »
Over the weekend I heard the MofW crews around Greencastle jump to AAR045 after clearing up the main.

What other MofW channels are in *common* use in the Indiana/Illinois areas, particularly out on the road? I realize that many are licensed and listed in various places, but which ones actually get some use?

CSX System MOW channel is 45-45.  Most of the time they just clog up whatever channel they happen to be on.  Riveting conversation too when you're in the middle of a shove move and their talking about what joint bars they need and where everyone is at...

Practice Safe CSX

sataraid1

• Dispatcher
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 02:48:50 PM »
Thanks.

Color me odd, but most of the time I find the chatter pretty interesting. It's a way to find out what they're doing ... without having to ask anyone what they're doing. Plus, once in a while you pick up a few nuggets of useful information. Worth getting it programmed into the radio.

monon_man

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:20:19 PM »
Pick up more info on 84,80, &94

DN_IN

• Fireman
  • Old Fart
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »
CSX System MOW channel is 45-45.  Most of the time they just clog up whatever channel they happen to be on.  Riveting conversation too when you're in the middle of a shove move and their talking about what joint bars they need and where everyone is at...

Practice Safe CSX

That's what I've been hearing a lot of up on the StL with all the work going on.  I can understand when one crew is working close to another that they'd need to find their own channel.  I find it fascinating too but I can also see where it would really get annoying, maybe even downright dangerous, to a road crew doing their work.  That's the difference between being a fan like me and the people actually doing the work for a living.  Lots and lots of chatter up there lately, some of it extremely interesting...to me, anyway.  Going to miss it when they get out of range.
Armchair Railfan on the back porch listening to trains on the CSX St. Louis Line

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 02:51:50 PM »
CSX system wide is 160.785

However, the old CR channels MOW in the area still get some use.
161.130 MHz They are still licensed anyway.

The other one is now the INRD channel, but I used to hear some CSXT mow traffic on it. Used to be MOW channel 10 on CR
161.055, CSXT still has a license for it's user at Winchester IN.

NS ex CR still use both extensively.

I have not heard the old CR PBX in the area in a LONG LONG time.
If in doubt, Notch it out!