Author Topic: Michigan Southerns Ohio Operations  (Read 3526 times)

bn13814

• Conductor
Re: Michigan Southerns Ohio Operations
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »
Diamonds at Defiance have been in for several years now.  CSX initially put in  conventional diamonds to comply with the ruling forcing them to put them back in, and then later replaced them with OWLS diamonds.

Hmmm. Google aerial photos must be old. :D That's good for the future of the new MSO operation. Pioneer Railcorp has done a good job with the old TP&W West End, so they can make the old MAW work.

mp 126

• Dispatcher
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 06:41:19 PM »
Saturday's action.. They did push a string of cars west of the diamond.. The Cecil trail had a couple axles on the ground east of Antwerp, Stuffing ties in the yard in Defiance. A Pioneer GP 20 is in service as well as MAW #7 and NS 5555.

http://www.fwarailfan.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3153#p16144

Mike

k9fon

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 05:19:45 PM »
Well i hope they install a boatload of ties as the entire railroad looks downtrodden...

Indiana_Shortlines_Fan

• Brakeman
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 11:36:06 AM »
I drove down US-24 from Toledo to Ft. Wayne yesterday (Sunday).  I found the NS 5555 with 5 tank cars headed WB, but parked (for the weekend?) at a county road grade crossing two miles west of Cecil.  I would expect that will represent the future operations - just keep running back and forth continuously from Woodburn to Napoleon, and just park the train for the night along the line where the crew outlaws.

Bruce Lyons