Author Topic: Beesons, Indiana  (Read 2550 times)

CIND 2254

• Global Moderator
  • President
  • Modeling high Hood GP30s on the CERA ca. 1996-1998
Beesons, Indiana
« on: March 29, 2007, 09:57:10 PM »
While beesons isn't exactly a railfanning spot, it does feature several neat things. At Beesons, the Indiana Boxcar Co. Stores some of their locomotives. At the present time, they have a Ex. Southern GP7 Ex. CN M636, 3 Ex. CSX/Conrail B23-7's, Indiana Hi-rail RS1 # 167, and an Indiana Hi-Rail boxcar. To get to beesons, take Highway 1 north out of connersville, pass the Visteon plant and the industrial park, at the top of the hill, you will see a farm field to your right. At the north edge of that field, turn right on Newcomb Lake Rd, you will cross the connersville and New Castle tracks, and then turn directly left, and your there. It is at the very most 5 miles north of the Indiana Boxcar yard. I will try to post some pics on RRpicturearchives.net when i can find some time.
Modeling High Hood GP30s on the CERA based in Kokomo circa. 1996-1998.

Gene

• Dispatcher
  • I'm an Interurban photo fan
Re: Beesons, Indiana
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 07:21:26 AM »
 I was down at Beesons Tuesday, heres some photos I took. The first shot is looking North toward Cambridge City. The area at one time was called Beesons Station.  Gene

Gene

• Dispatcher
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 07:25:44 AM »
This shot is of the bridgelooking North again. I plus to this area is the reason their is a bridge there, is because it goes over the original White Water Canal. The water on the right is the remnants of this Canal. The canal and the track run parallel into Connersville. Lots of history in this location. More photos to come.
Gene

Gene

• Dispatcher
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »
Heres some of the engines parked at Beesons Station.  Gene

Cheviot_Hill

• Dispatcher
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 05:57:51 PM »
Is there any remnants of the old Armstrong Turntable that New York Central used?

CIND 2254

• Global Moderator
  • President
  • Modeling high Hood GP30s on the CERA ca. 1996-1998
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 06:59:24 PM »
Do you rememer where the turntable was in realtion to the switch where the NYC and NKP split? because i will probably get over there this week.
Modeling High Hood GP30s on the CERA based in Kokomo circa. 1996-1998.

Howard Pletcher

• Dispatcher
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 08:51:28 PM »
NYC had a turntable in Connersville, the site is now a playground.  Was there another one at Beesons?

Cheviot_Hill

• Dispatcher
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 01:33:00 AM »
I'm not sure. According to a video I have intitled, Refections of the New York Central, they show footage of the Whitewater Branch. In it they show a steam engine turning on a Armstrong Turntable and they refer to the location as Beeson.

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 02:12:37 PM »
I guess I don't know why they would have had a turntable at Beesons?  Unless it was installed after the line was cut, but still even then you had the one in Connersville.

Puzzle?  Sounds like it.  But then again, I have heard of the turntable there too.  I was told this by an old man at the WWVR back in the very early 90's.

Cheviot_Hill

• Dispatcher
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 08:34:04 PM »
Was the one in Connersville in a residential area? The one in the above mentioned film was definitely in a residential area. It wouldn't be the first time someone got it wrong with a location in a video.