Author Topic: ITM's Move Into Logansport  (Read 20284 times)

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
Re: ITM's Move Into Logansport
« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2019, 11:23:24 PM »
Isn't there a lawsuit still pending on the "items" left there? If so, wouldn't this be illegal at this point?

crblue

• Dispatcher
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2019, 07:11:14 AM »
Is any of the lots listed still privately owned?
Privately owned? As in, not owned by ITM? I would think that the owners would be working with the city to get their property removed, if it's still there. The general assumption is that anything on the property that belonged to non-ITM owners has been removed and anything left on the property that belongs to ITM is still there because ITM couldn't get it out in time.

Last summer, during the great move-out, there seemed to be a lot of confusion about who owned what. There were spreadsheets being distributed that indicated ownership, but I never felt confident that those spreadsheets reflected legal ownership.

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2019, 01:55:40 PM »
I do notice that 426 and 83A are missing from the auction listing.  Last I knew both were still sitting in the yard in Forest Park.   Wonder if they are pvtly owned and awaiting heavy haulers to move them out.  Maybe its been a bit to wet to haul that kind of weight out of the park or to its intended destination.   Hopefully some of those items find new homes to be restored.  All we can do is hope for the best. 

hytwr1

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2019, 05:57:51 PM »
The equipment can move north on the rails can it not?

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #224 on: May 09, 2019, 11:59:21 PM »
Physically, yes, can move to Tipton. BUT would have to have approval of HHPA and the new operator - they are not a common carrier and have no obligation to move. And you would still have to truck out from Form there.  Grand scheme, you would not save any appreciable money moving north by rail then trucking vs trucking direct from Forest Park.

As to the lawsuit question, the way I read it, court has already ruled in Noblesville favor.  If there is an appeal, ITM would need an injunction in their favor to stop the auction while appeal(s) play out.

hytwr1

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #225 on: May 10, 2019, 07:54:50 AM »
Physically, yes, can move to Tipton. BUT would have to have approval of HHPA and the new operator - they are not a common carrier and have no obligation to move. And you would still have to truck out from Form there.  Grand scheme, you would not save any appreciable money moving north by rail then trucking vs trucking direct from Forest Park.

As to the lawsuit question, the way I read it, court has already ruled in Noblesville favor.  If there is an appeal, ITM would need an injunction in their favor to stop the auction while appeal(s) play out.
I know there a no common carriers. Moving the stuff out of the park for loading might appeal to the folks in Noblesville so it gets the stuff out of the park. Equipment has been moved by non carriers before with nothing more than a track mobile or other motive power like a high rail. It might also be easier to load somewhere else.

ConrailKid

• Brakeman
« Reply #226 on: May 10, 2019, 09:53:32 AM »
So letís say someone had the money to purchase and save a piece of equipment but needed time to be able to truck it out. Does any anybody think the players involved would be open to say a storage fee to sit on the cars somewhere else up farther North on the line until purchasers could get them out?

scraphauler

• Tycoon
« Reply #227 on: May 10, 2019, 12:34:32 PM »
I know there a no common carriers. Moving the stuff out of the park for loading might appeal to the folks in Noblesville so it gets the stuff out of the park. Equipment has been moved by non carriers before with nothing more than a track mobile or other motive power like a high rail. It might also be easier to load somewhere else.

Agreed. But what I am saying is Noblesville, HHPA, and Nickel  Plate Express would all have to agree to do it - they are under no obligation to help in any way shape or form.  Go at them with any attitude or try to dictate to them and see how far you get.  Any one contemplating bidding best have their plans on how to move or store lined up and finalized beforehand.

hytwr1

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #228 on: May 10, 2019, 12:42:31 PM »
Agreed. But what I am saying is Noblesville, HHPA, and Nickel  Plate Express would all have to agree to do it - they are under no obligation to help in any way shape or form.  Go at them with any attitude or try to dictate to them and see how far you get.  Any one contemplating bidding best have their plans on how to move or store lined up and finalized beforehand.

I didn't say anyone is obligated to anything. It's all in how you negotiate and how it is presented to them. I don't believe I suggested dictating anything to anyone either. Just asking questions.

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2019, 01:39:55 PM »
I sadly think the only way this avoids the scrappers torch is if there is a stipulation that nothing can be scrapped onsite

scraphauler

• Tycoon
« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2019, 08:17:36 PM »
I have not been able to confirm this from an official or mainstream media source, but Facebook reports are that the remaining pending cases ITM had against HHPA, etc. where dismissed today and Noblesville was given green light by courts to go after ITM for environmental clean up fees, court costs, etc.   In same string, an official of the L.E.R. (who I believe posts on here from time to time) said they do NOT yet have a deal with ITM, nor have they seen any money from ITM for the equipment they shipped there.  It's also reported in a couple different locations that ITM was supposed to be paying to store the ex ATSF cars in Santa Claus when not being rented by Hoosier Southern, and that they are "way behind" on payments. Also sounds like several of the trucking companies involved still have their hands out looking for payment.

The lack of any information forth coming from ITM helps fuel these stories and lends a sense of credibility to them.   Sad ending if true.

xgap

• President
« Reply #231 on: May 11, 2019, 12:08:31 AM »
I wouldn't think HHPA would change course now and act like a real RR(Port Authority); Store Cars and Switch for a Fee

locobrakman

• Brakeman
« Reply #232 on: May 12, 2019, 09:58:40 AM »
Is ITM even still operating/existing as a business entity? Nothing on their website since last December regarding rides, and the number listed on the website (317-773-6000) comes back with a number not in service message.  :o ::)

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #233 on: May 12, 2019, 10:56:56 AM »
I heard their facebook page is gone as well.  I believe the two cabooses and rider flat car are still sitting in Walton on the siding, or were last time I was thru there a month or two ago.   Mr Davenport's DS50 is still up in the L&ER engine house awaiting repairs.  I am wondering if a new orginazation is going to rise in Logansport to seperate themselves from the legal mess ITM is in?    Still haven't heard what the disposition of NKP 426 and 83A is, although I suspect they are going to the NPE group in Atlanta.   

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2019, 09:04:13 PM »
Who is/was even in charge of ITM?

How accurate was the spreadsheet of ownership - I have always wondered what some of those entities are.

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2019, 03:11:13 PM »
Drove by the former museum grounds today...very depressing.

Is there any plan for a public auction on any of the non-equipment items remaining on property?

BourdonBoy

• President
  • A conductor of both kinds.
« Reply #236 on: June 05, 2019, 05:13:34 PM »
Drove by the former museum grounds today...very depressing.

Is there any plan for a public auction on any of the non-equipment items remaining on property?

http://indianarailroads.org/board/index.php?topic=65.msg194122#msg194122

The auction of the old ITM equipment has begun.  Current bids:

Atlantic Coast Line Dining Car:  $10,000
Grand Trunk Caboose:  $10,000
Amtrak Steam Generator Car:  No bids
Gulf Oil tank car:  $9,000
Jackson Tamper:  $2,500
Milw. Road F7A   #72:  $25,000
Milw. Road refridg. car:  $3,500
Milw. Road FP7A   96C:  $35,000
NYC Heavyweight Baggage car:  $8,000
Nickel Plate GE 44 ton #91:   $10,000
Nickel Plate Baldwin #99:   $10,000
RTW Tie crane:  $3,500
Union Pacific GP9  #200:   $50,000

Several other misc. items.   Only piece without a bid is the steam generator car
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 09:31:32 AM by BourdonBoy »

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #237 on: June 06, 2019, 01:26:46 AM »
I wonder where the 200 will end up.  Back when she was in Kokomo on the CERA, I got a chance to see some of her history.  She was once one of the "Omaha GP20's" ie one of the GP9's that UP tried different turbo charging systems out prior to EMD putting out the actual GP20 production model.  All the various openings are still there in the roof, just plated over from the inside the carbody.  So you could see the shape of the various exhaust openings and such.   I hope the pieces find good homes, heck, the FP7 96C once pulled the Hiawatha passenger train and still retains her passenger gearing.

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2019, 08:55:17 AM »
http://indianarailroads.org/board/index.php?topic=65.msg194122#msg194122

I was specifically asking about the non-equipment (e.g., paper, signs, displays, etc.).

BourdonBoy

• President
  • A conductor of both kinds.
« Reply #239 on: June 06, 2019, 09:28:15 AM »
Sorry, my mistake.

A reliable source has indicated that most of the other stuff (non-equipment) is long gone, other than some random small parts and some tools.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk