Author Topic: ITM / Fishers in a dispute  (Read 135684 times)

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
Re: ITM / Fishers in a dispute
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2016, 08:25:23 AM »
How much revenue are they losing as a result of this?

IU_Tower

• Mogul
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2016, 08:00:39 AM »
How much revenue are they losing as a result of this?

Probably all of it

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2016, 10:28:29 AM »
Perhaps time for somebody at the ITM to fall on their sword before this deal sinks the museum?

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2016, 11:15:23 AM »
Perhaps time for somebody at the ITM to fall on their sword before this deal sinks the museum?

From your lips to God's ears.

510Russ

• Dispatcher
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2016, 05:39:59 PM »
The entire line is out of service due to this issue. Trains are cancelled as time goes along, leaving future trains listed in hopes of running at some point.

Thanks for answering my question, 1976!  Now I'll know to look here or to call the museum before I make any plans to ride.

-- Russ

AlcoGuy

• Dispatcher
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2016, 09:01:32 AM »
Russ, and anyone else who cares, i would advise getting pictures of the line. It's end points and everything in between.........

IU_Tower

• Mogul
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2016, 09:23:23 AM »
Sounds like the museum needs to sweet talk NS into getting a connection (even a temporary one) reinstalled so the equipment can be removed if need be. This might get ugly. Might want to talk to the 765 people too. Maybe they've got some room for 587 up there.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2016, 10:56:42 PM »
They need Tom Hoback to run the Ship up there. Tom and Chris Rund to Straighten it up. He is the Man that could do it.

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2016, 07:27:37 AM »
Sounds like the museum needs to sweet talk NS into getting a connection (even a temporary one) reinstalled so the equipment can be removed if need be. This might get ugly. Might want to talk to the 765 people too. Maybe they've got some room for 587 up there.

I would LOVE to the equipment in Fort Wayne, but they don't really have enough room for what they already have.  The barn is pretty full, and I would hate to see 587 sit outside. The chance of any of that equipment running while in Fort Wayne would be pretty slim too.  Having the passenger cars up here sure would be nice though.  HVRM could be an option, but they have their OWN problems.  Whitewater Valley?

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2016, 07:31:59 AM »
They need Tom Hoback to run the Ship up there. Tom and Chris Rund to Straighten it up. He is the Man that could do it.

Hoback certainly has the credibility for the task, but I have no idea if he would even be remotely interested in such a thing.  Also, how is his relationship with the HHPA?  Things didn't go so well with INRD's usage of that line......

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2016, 07:49:24 AM »
Hoback certainly has the credibility for the task, but I have no idea if he would even be remotely interested in such a thing.  Also, how is his relationship with the HHPA?  Things didn't go so well with INRD's usage of that line......

Not to detract from his successes at INRD, but not everything Hoback was associated with turned to gold either.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 09:22:47 AM by CSX_CO »

IU_Tower

• Mogul
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2016, 09:18:13 AM »

What's Hoback going to do for a museum that only runs part time? If anything, he should've looked into purchasing the line from the HHPA back in the 90's....

ThatOneShredder

• Brakeman
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2016, 09:23:25 AM »
Hoback and the museum don't have a very good history together, but I won't comment further since I don't remember all the details.

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2016, 09:35:16 AM »
I don't remember the details either, but is it possible the ITM people responsible for the current mess are also responsible for that?  As far as what Hoback could do for the ITM, I would think that a high profile local business man who is a career railroader would be just the kind of guy that could get things done, negotiate deals, solicit support from other area businesses and stay on budget doing it. He also had a long relationship with CSX which can't hurt if you ever want to see the HHPA reconnected to the Belt.  As for buying the HHPA, one, I'm not sure it would have been for sale, and two, maybe if the main two sources of traffic hadn't dried up (no thanks to NS) maybe he WOULD have.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:42:56 AM by Bob Durnell »

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2016, 09:51:35 AM »
Not to stray too far from the subject, but is Hoback even still in the area?

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2016, 10:45:04 AM »
Yeah know, I kind of wondered about that too.  Since he's not from around here and has lived several places, maybe he has flown the coop.  On a side note, what did he do with ATSF 56, his passenger car?

coal road

• Fireman
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2016, 03:47:40 PM »
On a side note, what did he do with ATSF 56, his passenger car?
Was for sale less than a year ago.  $460,000.00
http://www.ozarkmountainrailcar.com/detail.asp?id=1742&n=Santa-Fe-Business-Car-56-NEW

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2016, 06:43:23 PM »
Still stored in the Shed at Senate Ave.

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2016, 11:32:25 AM »
Any updates?

JohnIII

• Superintendent
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2016, 12:58:21 PM »
Hopefully they'll get this figured out before the NMRA convention next month. I think there's three or so scheduled bus tours to the museum.  Would they run anything on the grounds for something like that, or would it be nothing but static display?

Tom Hoback is traveling abroad as of now, but I believe he's involved with some other venture.  He's definitely not retired. 
Hauling Beer on the Beer Line in the 1960s
YouTube:  BeerLineModeler