Author Topic: ITM / Fishers in a dispute  (Read 135685 times)

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
Re: ITM / Fishers in a dispute
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 11:06:41 AM »
I apologize if this suggestion is out of place, but could this railroad make some extra revenue by doing some local freight runs or switching cars for one of larger railroads in the area? I see and read about INRD and others moving 3 or 4 hoppers around, seems like some good work for a smaller railroad to do.

Would be hard since at the current time they have no connection to the outside world.

hoghead

• Conductor
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 11:18:37 AM »
I didn't realize that. Years ago, I worked near 20th and Yandes and the trains would come of the belt, by our shop, then head north past the fairgrounds.

I assume they did away with the crossing by Massachusetts Ave?

Thanks for the info

nhensley

• Conductor
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 01:23:07 PM »
I watch the stretch south of 38th get a little worse each year. With the half-cocked BRT system moving forward I am worrying about the line's survival, at least in Marion County. 

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 03:19:37 PM »
I didn't realize that. Years ago, I worked near 20th and Yandes and the trains would come of the belt, by our shop, then head north past the fairgrounds.

Thanks for the info

Yes, CSX tore that out a few years ago, and the ITM basically let it happen without having an alternative or putting up a fight, which to me was a HUGE mistake.

hoghead

• Conductor
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2016, 03:27:35 PM »
I remember that INRD used to pull some fairly long coal trains thru here, probably in the late 1990's. Probably only went about walking speed past our shop.

IN1312

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2016, 05:21:40 PM »
Quote from: hoghead on Today at 11:18:37 AM

Thanks for the info
Yes, CSX tore that out a few years ago, and the ITM basically let it happen without having an alternative or putting up a fight, which to me was a HUGE mistake.

Furthermore, some jerk stole a lot of the rail between the former diamond and the curve north. To reconnect, all of that would have to be replaced. At this point, it might actually be cheaper to reconnect at Tipton instead.

IU_Tower

• Mogul
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2016, 02:20:53 PM »
And probably more feasible, with the yard at Tipton in close proximity to the diamond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2016, 02:42:49 PM »
If they actually had any dreams of reinstalling a connection at Tipton, the time to try to make it happen was during the Wick Moorman era as CEO of NS.  They will likely NEVER find a more sympathetic ear to the plight of a railroad museum then when was calling the shots.  Once again, at least from an outsider's view, an opportunity lost.

AlcoGuy

• Dispatcher
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 04:20:34 AM »
Any news on this? Updates?

Kelthomp

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 07:57:07 PM »

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 02:12:13 PM »
Yeah... I'm hearing ITM's tenure is more than likely over due to SERIOUS internal issues. Sources say they may soon be ousted to make way for a new operator, which HHPA has been in "talks" with. I won't say who that is. They apparently "have had enough" of ITM's way of doing things. (Or not doing them depending on how you look at it). A real shame if this comes to pass, as if it were not for ITM, this line would have been abandoned years ago. They saved it. Hopefully, sanity will prevail here and ITM can continue operating, however, at this point, it does not look good...... I FULLY SUPPORT ITM in there effort to continue operations, but apparently, the situation is bleak at best.

So would this just mean new owners/management or would ITM be landlocked just to Forest Park with their collection?

• Mogul
  • Posts represent the views of no corporations
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 04:56:24 PM »
So would this just mean new owners/management or would ITM be landlocked just to Forest Park with their collection?
The issue here is the lein HHPA has against all ITM assets.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 01:01:52 PM »
The issue here is the lein HHPA has against all ITM assets.

Ouch...

And I would imagine the lien would remain in place should anyone attempt to acquire the museums assets.  Not a good situation at all...

locobrakman

• Brakeman
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2016, 07:47:37 AM »
There is no lien at present. It expired some time ago. Suffice to say that has nothing to do with the current situation.

ITMZ3096

• Brakeman
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2016, 11:55:46 AM »
From an insiders perspective at the museum, everything still seems to be moving along ok. Th museum held brakemen and conductor classes recently and seems to be trying to maintain a sense of normalcy without running the trains obviously, at least for now.

• Mogul
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2016, 03:04:27 PM »
There is no lien at present. It expired some time ago. Suffice to say that has nothing to do with the current situation.
If you say so...

xgap

• President
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2016, 08:52:48 AM »
If connected, could have part of this line been used for car storage?

locobrakman

• Brakeman
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2016, 06:57:51 AM »
If you don't mind me asking, what's your source and/or understanding of the situation?

Public records search of Indiana UCC lien database. HHPA meeting.

510Russ

• Dispatcher
Hoosierland Scheduled?
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2016, 09:46:14 PM »
I'm a little confused.  I was just on the ITM web site, and it shows that the Hoosierland (between Forest Park and Fishers) has scheduled trains.  Are they actually stopping just short of Fishers?

--  Russ

• Mogul
Re: Hoosierland Scheduled?
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2016, 01:36:57 AM »
I'm a little confused.  I was just on the ITM web site, and it shows that the Hoosierland (between Forest Park and Fishers) has scheduled trains.  Are they actually stopping just short of Fishers?

--  Russ
The entire line is out of service due to this issue. Trains are cancelled as time goes along, leaving future trains listed in hopes of running at some point.