Author Topic: ITM / Fishers in a dispute  (Read 140702 times)

ScottFlood

• Chief Dispatcher
Re: ITM / Fishers in a dispute
« Reply #1720 on: December 07, 2018, 07:05:30 AM »
But it doesn't stop people from filing the suits to intimidate others or gain publicity ... or naming multiple parties in a suit even if the attorney knows the judge is likely to dismiss it or carve some of those parties out. Just makes a lot of noise and wastes time and money.

As a longtime elected official, one gets accustomed to being sued. When people threaten me with a suit, my standard response is along the lines of "Okay, thanks for letting me know."

CIND 2254

• Global Moderator
  • President
  • Modeling high Hood GP30s on the CERA ca. 1996-1998
« Reply #1721 on: December 08, 2018, 10:50:13 AM »
The Fishers segment would be 5.7 miles, from 96th Street (the Marion County - Hamilton County line) north to 146th Street (the border between Fishers and Noblesville).
106th to 126th is estimated to cost about that $9mil mark, i think Fadness wants a bond for $12 mil to pay for that first leg.
Modeling High Hood GP30s on the CERA based in Kokomo circa. 1996-1998.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #1722 on: June 14, 2019, 05:47:55 PM »
Anybody know what is going on with the MONON DS50 and its repairs?

locobrakman

• Brakeman
« Reply #1723 on: June 15, 2019, 01:59:09 PM »
Anybody know what is going on with the MONON DS50 and its repairs?

Still sitting in a barn in Logansport AFAIK. Nothing done on repairs.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #1724 on: June 15, 2019, 02:42:02 PM »
Wonder why its taking so long to get it Repaired? You would think that would be a top Priority to get it Repaired.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #1725 on: June 15, 2019, 02:51:33 PM »
Wonder why its taking so long to get it Repaired? You would think that would be a top Priority to get it Repaired.

Probably to the owner.  Not to the party responsible for damage, or their insurance.

Plus logistics of moving it to repair location.

rrnut282

• President
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #1726 on: June 15, 2019, 03:17:47 PM »
I opine the reason for slow progress on the repair, is a lack of agreement between the owner who wants original parts used, and a lack of cheap sources for those parts that would make the cheap insurance company happy.  Maybe the trucking company is the hold-out if they have to cover what the insurer won't. 
rrnut2-8-2
(Mike)

Wema

• Dispatcher
  • A Rail History Nut
« Reply #1727 on: June 21, 2019, 02:42:23 PM »

BourdonBoy

• President
  • A conductor of both kinds.
« Reply #1728 on: June 21, 2019, 06:38:02 PM »
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/hamilton-county/noblesville/2019/06/21/noblesville-july-fourth-festival-offer-nickel-plate-express-train-rides/1514170001/

Wonder how cleaned up Forest Park and the former ITM grounds will be for the event.

Nickel Plate Express has already operated a train out of Forest Park, back on Friday, June 7.  It was their "Spirits Express".  Saw a video of it departing Forest Park on their Facebook page.
Guess the reporter of this IndyStar story was not aware of that.

Hemigray 42

• Engineer
« Reply #1729 on: June 21, 2019, 08:43:43 PM »
I thought trains were evil but when its county money and a HHPA associate it great. I'm waiting on them to operate the left equipment as they stated they wanted . What's the latest on USRAIL equipment they had reserved did it fall through or in legal limbo?

Sent from my LGL163BL using Tapatalk

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #1730 on: June 21, 2019, 10:17:49 PM »
I thought trains were evil but when its county money and a HHPA associate it great. I'm waiting on them to operate the left equipment as they stated they wanted .

Trains are only evil if they get south of the square in Noblesville and especially if they disturb the peace of "downtown" Fishers.

As for NPE using ITM's former equipment - Bret Davis, Operations Manager for Nickel Plate Express, wrote this three days ago on the Facebook page Indiana Transportation Museum Discussion:

"Hey guys. Thought Iíd hop on here and clear some things up. The 83 and 426 werenít listed because I advised the city that they are worth saving. I have no firm plans to use either of those engines but if the park needs motive power to move the rolling stock in the yard when it sells or gets scrapped, Iíd consider leasing them my 50 tonner to switch with and use one of those engines on my train so our schedule isnít depending on what the park needs. As for the comments about Tom Hoback get first crack at this equipment, I donít know that to be the case. He is no longer involved as the operator but is still the primary creditor as NPE pays him back for the El Capitan set. Again, I have no real interest in the 83 and 426. Iím not much of a rail fan but have fond memories of the museum as it was."

xgap

• President
« Reply #1731 on: June 21, 2019, 11:41:41 PM »
Won't NPE's ops eventually be based at Forest Park?
Fishers may want to charter their own special trains.

Hemigray 42

• Engineer
« Reply #1732 on: June 22, 2019, 12:55:10 AM »
Wait forest park a contaminated site according to Noblesville and they wanted trains gone? Now its ok sounds a little fishy . still be curious where USRAIL reserve is on equipment that was marked on the last days.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #1733 on: June 22, 2019, 03:16:12 AM »
Wait forest park a contaminated site according to Noblesville and they wanted trains gone? Now its ok sounds a little fishy . still be curious where USRAIL reserve is on equipment that was marked on the last days.

They wanted ITM, and the mess that was created, gone.

IU_Tower

• Mogul
« Reply #1734 on: June 23, 2019, 11:31:31 AM »
Won't NPE's ops eventually be based at Forest Park?

On what tracks? Fishers town council wants them gone.....

Trainman19

• Superintendent
« Reply #1735 on: June 23, 2019, 05:12:22 PM »
On what tracks? Fishers town council wants them gone.....

And according to the IndyStar, they're in the process of ripping them out.
20 down. Time taken to complete: 4 3/4 years.

xgap

• President
« Reply #1736 on: June 23, 2019, 11:47:07 PM »
Sorry, That part was supposed to be a joke.
Wait forest park a contaminated site according to Noblesville 
No one thought Cardinal Stadium could be built on the South Louisville Shops site.